Tuesday Favorites....soup

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm a huge fan of homemade vegetable and beef soups and stews. Which also made me think of borscht, or any "village soup" in Central or Eastern Europe. They'll make soup outta anything and it's great, with real vegetables and real fresh meat. You just can't replicate it here, even in a great ethnic restaurant.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
KY Burgoo is good as long as it’s a reputable restaurant otherwise it could be squirrel or opossum meat. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
As some have said, a really good crab bisque is probably at the top. I’m also a fan of two that probably won’t get mentioned.

A great Italian split pea soup is solid. And my wife makes a Dominican Sancocho that’s incredible.
For Italian soups, I can always go for some pasta fagiole. Come to think of it, on a rainy day with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side, plain old tomato soup can be pretty awesome.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For Italian soups, I can always go for some pasta fagiole. Come to think of it, on a rainy day with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side, plain old tomato soup can be pretty awesome.
I'm with you on the grilled cheese but I gotta add a can of Ro-Tel and half and half to the soup.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thought of another favorite after reading @Detroitgator ’s post. Corned beef and cabbage with tomatoes, and onions. It’s more like a soup and pretty hearty during the winter months. We’ll try to have it on St. Patrick’s Day as well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Wife #1andonly threw on a pot of her copy of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana this morning...
20210219_112623.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.