Tuesday Favorites...Thanksgiving side dishes

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
What's the side dish that you look forward to the most for Thanksgiving?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Sweet potato casserole with the crumbly topping and prefer no pecans

Best-ever-vegan-sweet-potato-casserole.jpg

Green bean casserole but my husband's family doesn't eat it

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2020-11-17_13-32-33.jpeg

upload_2020-11-17_13-36-16.jpeg

Dressing and giblet gravy. My favorite.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
My mom used to make a pork dressing. It was AWESOME! One of my sister-in-laws makes it similar, but not exactly like Mom's.

flg8rfan

Nov 28, 2018
YES!!! My mom always made it from scratch. I was so disappointed when my in-laws did stove top stuffing.

My dressing is totally from scratch. Last year my wife has invited a co-worker and family over and she offered to bring dressing. My wife asked her what she put in it and the second she said jiffy corn bread mix, she told her no, don’t even think about bringing that crap.

Needless to say, her co worker said she was glad she didn’t bring it after seeing our spread.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My mom makes a really good cranberry jello. It's been one of my favorite sides since I was in preschool. :yum:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My mom makes a really good cranberry jello. It's been one of my favorite sides since I was in preschool. :yum:

I bet you squirt the Reddi Whip straight outta the can into your mouth too.
For me it's pecan pie. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year and I eat just about everything, especially giblet gravy and dressing. Love the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows. Only thing I don't look forward to is my sister's squash casserole. I love squash but she's like" I'm bringing the squash casserole, everybody loves mine. " and I wanna gag.
I have an awful lot to be thankful for.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
From scratch simple cornbread dressing done right. Done wrong it's inedible. Haven't had it since I lost my wife.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We did our big work Thanksgiving lunch today. I have a coworker from Aruba and they make an incredible Caribbean sweet potato dish. So unique and look forward to it every year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.