Tuesday Favorites...Thanksgiving side dishes

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Explain please. Never heard of this as a dish.

It’s a family recipe that is buttery tart and sweet at the same time. It’s also about 800 calories a serving, but totally worth it. I’ll get my better half to give up the secret if you’re interested.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It’s a family recipe that is buttery tart and sweet at the same time. It’s also about 800 calories a serving, but totally worth it. I’ll get my better half to give up the secret if you’re interested.
I’m intrigued. Send me the recipe if she’s willing. Thanks!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Post it. I’m interested.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Post it. I’m interested.

6eOACoM-imGEk6QT9_nwr9pDyr5lou4hN0CUr6EOegvI90NVMci9N84O4kuXMN_zEZ8KVwkKbCnzfjl-j4BPLn4rOx0lWTNgFghIZD_wV1_AnxSQvK_FOYAFsPVKdb4Q7g

Follow me for more recipes! :lol:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
BUMP

It’s been 3 years and some of your preferences need updating.
Some of you got a zero on participation. :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BUMP

It’s been 3 years and some of your preferences need updating.
Some of you got a zero on participation. :lol:
Re-reading and saw the cheese apples. We do that one and it’s always a hit. Velveta, flour, sugar, and butter mixed by hand then spread over canned apples (not the ones for apple pie) in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish. Never any leftovers and @itsgr82bag8r is correct in that there is a very high calorie count :lol:

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
My Mom makes a squash casserole that is amazing. Everyone loves it. It's just yellow squash (sliced and boiled), some sauteed onions and bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mixed, spread in a casserole dish, and then baked. So simple, yet so tasty.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My Mom makes a squash casserole that is amazing. Everyone loves it. It's just yellow squash (sliced and boiled), some sauteed onions and bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mixed, spread in a casserole dish, and then baked. So simple, yet so tasty.
A good squash casserole is always a crowd pleaser.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like the fact that in any of the other 10 months of the year, the idea of drinking an almost dangerously thick concoction of raw egg yokes, whipped raw egg whites, cream and tons of sugar—which if it were to go down the “wrong pipe” would mean almost certain death—is a nonstarter. But when I came home Sunday and realized my wife hadn’t bought any yet, I gave her the infamous Jaguars fan bewildered scoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb