Tuesday Favorites..... TV Family

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
In honor of Father’s Day this weekend, who was your favorite TV father or family?
It can be for any reason, functional or highly dysfunctional.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For recent/current TV: Mike Baxter on Last Man Standing

All time best, Al Bundy is the winner.
5b9ae44ee81bdc76c984a39920185230.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2021-6-15_20-26-32.jpeg

Ben Cartwright. I always wished he could’ve been my dad. He stood up for his kids. Other than whipping Adam’s @ss, I’d have fit in pretty well. Ben was a great father and a helluva man. He outlived three wives.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Andy.jpg

Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, North Carolina represented the almost ideal small town Southern father for boys of my generation. My wife used to watch Andy Griffith Show reruns when our son was little. I was always "too busy" to watch them and thought the show was kind of corny for people of more modern times. Since the election of Biden my wife and I have pretty much quit watching Fox News and during the time slots of the early evening hours we watch guess what? Andy Griffith Show reruns. This time around I can still remember watching some of these shows from my childhood. It is almost shocking how politically incorrect this innocent show is by today's standards. I have a new found appreciation for some of the moral truths this show teaches plus it darn funny to boot. The show was not the same when Don Knotts who played Deputy Barney Fife left the show to pursue other theatrical interests in the movies. The show in black and white represents a nostalgic medium that was lost when the show went to the "living color" format.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
gf-vitotux1.jpg

You can’t say he didn’t look after his “family.”

I hesitated to pick him since it’s a movie, but it seems like it’s on TV all the time, so I think that counts.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, North Carolina represented the almost ideal small town Southern father for boys of my generation. My wife used to watch Andy Griffith Show reruns when our son was little. I was always "too busy" to watch them and thought the show was kind of corny for people of more modern times. Since the election of Biden my wife and I have pretty much quit watching Fox News and during the time slots of the early evening hours we watch guess what? Andy Griffith Show reruns. This time around I can still remember watching some of these shows from my childhood. It is almost shocking how politically incorrect this innocent show is by today's standards. I have a new found appreciation for some of the moral truths this show teaches plus it darn funny to boot. The show was not the same when Don Knotts who played Deputy Barney Fife left the show to pursue other theatrical interests in the movies. The show in black and white represents a nostalgic medium that was lost when the show went to the "living color" format.

^^THIS
It got rather "dusty" in a Raleigh area Biscuitville restaurant when the TV announced that Andy Griffith had passed away.

2MN.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Question. Where was Andy's wife? What is the backstory as to why he had a son and lived with Aunt Bee?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
^^THIS
It got rather "dusty" in a Raleigh area Biscuitville restaurant when the TV announced that Andy Griffith had passed away.

From Wikipedia:

Griffith died on July 3, 2012, from a heart attack at the age of 86 at his coastal home in Manteo, Roanoke Island, in Dare County, North Carolina. He was buried in the Griffith family cemetery on the island within five hours of his death

Quick burial

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb