Tuesday Favorites....Video Games

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t ever play video games anymore. But as a kid, at home, my favorite game was Mega Man 2. In the arcade it begins and ends with Joust.

The NCAA football game was great too but I had a very old version(‘03, I think). It had basically Zook’s roster and we sucked.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I don't play them anymore either outside of the ones I play with my kids. My son (8) is a bit of a little wizard so I enjoy watching him play more than playing with him outside of some Mario stuff. I started him at 4 years old playing the old NES games on our WII and he has already beaten almost every game I had as a kid along with the newer ones he has gotten.

That being said my favorite game of all time is still Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with Super Mario 3 behind it for nostalgia sake.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Arcade games: Joust and Galaga. But back in the day I was good at Crystal Castle and Yie Ar Kung Fu.
Computer/Console: Skyrim, Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, various Assassins Creed games.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Kids these days don’t play video games. They watch other people play video games. I’m serious.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I grew up with an Atari system. Space Invaders and Missile Command were great.

In high school, it was the original Mario Bros on the first Nintendo systems.

In college, we played a ton of the original Doom and Wolfenstein. For me, it was the first time you could play against someone that was not sitting beside you.

I havent really played a video game in 20 years, besides the little time killers on the phone. Except maybe Mario Kart on a Wii. Thank goodness my kids are not into them.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped playing video games about ten years ago. Used to enjoy the black ops games and the modern
warfare series on the Xbox. I played the NCAA football game a lot. One had Tebow on the cover, and I think
the other had Reggie Bush. In the dynasty series you could create your own program which included recruiting. It was a good game. Time consuming but enjoyable.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on my mood...

The best story games, where I got wrapped up in the world: Last of Us, The Walking Dead Season 1, and God of War (2018)

The best sit down and just have arcade like fun: Left 4 Dead 1&2, GTA/Red Dead Series and Borderlands series...

Sports games: NCAA games were the best...

RPG: Final Fantasy series, Crono Trigger, and Dragon Age/Mass Effect

With my Daughter: Spider-Man (PS4), Lego Games, Mario Kart, Zelda, Journey, Azbu and Injustice: Gods Among Us

Best Publishers (in my opinion): Naughty Dog, Rockstar and Valve

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t ever play video games anymore. But as a kid, at home, my favorite game was Mega Man 2. In the arcade it begins and ends with Joust.

still loves some mega man, introduced my daughter to mega man 2 when we picked up the NES classic.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
still loves some mega man, introduced my daughter to mega man 2 when we picked up the NES classic.

Nice.

Also, while I don't want to offend anyone here, am I the only one that felt anything Zelda was more or less another version of Dungeons & Dragons? I never looked down on those who played and talked about it 24/7. I just felt like it was basically a guarantee that they wouldn't see woman naked for a long, long time.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Nice.

Also, while I don't want to offend anyone here, am I the only one that felt anything Zelda was more or less another version of Dungeons & Dragons? I never looked down on those who played and talked about it 24/7. I just felt like it was basically a guarantee that they wouldn't see woman naked for a long, long time.

I’m offended.
Not sure why but I’ll think of a reason later.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice.

First it's a lie you don't want to offend someone... You're an iggles fan..

second... I wouldn't say Zelda is that game. Baulder's Gate, Skyrim, WoW etc... you can feel the lack of sex the user is going to be getting just hearing people talk about them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
First it's a lie you don't want to offend someone... You're an iggles fan..

second... I wouldn't say Zelda is that game. Baulder's Gate, Skyrim, WoW etc... you can feel the lack of sex the user is going to be getting just hearing people talk about them.

I feel like maybe I've heard of Skyrim before. The others are definitely unknown to me. So that's good news.

With Zelda, I really only knew two kids that played it. They were both awkward kids, both elected band, got fat, etc. If you haven't noticed, I tend to put people into categories quickly to establish who I'm speaking to. So I feel like my first post is fact.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can remember playing some of the “new” arcade games at the time. Galaga and Missile Command in particular. Wasn’t overly interested. When my son got old enough, he got Call of Duty for the computer and I’d play some with him. Then he got Halo. I was a killing machine whenever I was in the red suit :)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like maybe I've heard of Skyrim before. The others are definitely unknown to me. So that's good news.

With Zelda, I really only knew two kids that played it. They were both awkward kids, both elected band, got fat, etc. If you haven't noticed, I tend to put people into categories quickly to establish who I'm speaking to. So I feel like my first post is fact.

So I'm correct when I visualize you as Newman? Zelda is the Mario to RPGs. It's a light game that wimens, men, and kids enjoy. Skrym and WoW (world of warcraft) are virgin makers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So I'm correct when I visualize you as Newman? Zelda is the Mario to RPGs. It's a light game that wimens, men, and kids enjoy. Skrym and WoW (world of warcraft) are virgin makers.

Umm, no on the first part. If I'm wrong on Zelda, so be it. But I don't think I am. And the more you push back, the greater my concern.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Umm, no on the first part. If I'm wrong on Zelda, so be it. But I don't think I am. And the more you push back, the greater my concern.

I only play it with daughter who is 7.... but I understand you need an education and shell shocked due to years of Muschamp, Butters, Mullens, and Wentz.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
241188745_4471816062884559_3839572017266994394_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members