Tuesday Favorites....Watches

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I recall my sister’s friend giving her a used traditional women’s Rolex when I was a kid. I guess it needed a new battery and got thrown in a drawer back in the 80’s. Her friend was well off so I don’t doubt it was real. Mom packed up the house and moved when I was in college and I’ve never seen it again.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I recall my sister’s friend giving her a used traditional women’s Rolex when I was a kid. I guess it needed a new battery and got thrown in a drawer back in the 80’s. Her friend was well off so I don’t doubt it was real. Mom packed up the house and moved when I was in college and I’ve never seen it again.
I'm guessing that "Mom" was trying to slip away and start a whole new life? But you found her anyways... :stickpoke:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I'm guessing that "Mom" was trying to slip away and start a whole new life? But you found her anyways... :stickpoke:
No, no she said she lost my phone number.

Seedy tried that once too but then had to come back and ask which bank his check was deposited into.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No, no she said she lost my phone number.

Seedy tried that once too but then had to come back and ask which bank his check was deposited into.
If it makes you feel any better, it might NOT have been a Rolex… I think they’ve only made one watch line ever that took a battery.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If it makes you feel any better, it might NOT have been a Rolex… I think they’ve only made one watch line ever that took a battery.
Shows you how much I know about Rolex but it wasn’t working for whatever reason. It was something that I looked for in the boxes at mom’s house when I was digging for my yearbooks. It’s bugged me for a while now so I’ll just sssume it wasn’t real.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Shows you how much I know about Rolex but it wasn’t working for whatever reason. It was something that I looked for in the boxes at mom’s house when I was digging for my yearbooks. It’s bugged me for a while now so I’ll just sssume it wasn’t real.

But why did everybody look so old back then?

iu

iu

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
But why did everybody look so old back then?

iu

Alex.

Isn't it weird? Maybe the preservatives in the food?
I read a story about Tammy Wynette (Stand By Your Man singer) and was shocked to find out how old she was when she died. Take a guess.

1703106623616.png

SPOILER:

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And for the record, this is what all the girls I graduated with looked like:

iu

I'm waiting for the Morgan & Morgan class action suit against Aqua Net for the lung damage I suffered in the hallways of my high school during the big hair era.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

iu

I'm waiting for the Morgan & Morgan class action suit against Aqua Net for the lung damage I suffered in the hallways of my high school during the big hair era.

Alex.

That's my generation. I had that hair :lol:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

iu

Alex.
Second row, far right... suspect.
thats-a-man-baby-gif-6-gif.196789

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Isn't it weird? Maybe the preservatives in the food?
I read a story about Tammy Wynette (Stand By Your Man singer) and was shocked to find out how old she was when she died. Take a guess.

View attachment 65513

Had to look it up, but, DAMN! I just turned 56 and don't think I look that old. Mrs. Altitude is 57 and she doesn't even look remotely that old.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Most likely an automatic that winds and works based on natural movement. So if it was sitting for a long time, it would just stop, and take a few minutes of motion or wear to get it to self wind. It was real, and likely a classic. Don’t worry though. Rolexes have seen very little increase in value over the last 10-20 years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

iu

Alex.

Didn’t look that closely, but pretty sure that’s just a Poison album cover.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Apple WILL be banned from selling smartwatches in the US from TOMORROW over claims it stole medical tech - after court rejected tech giant's appeal​

• A federal court rejected Apple's request to pause the looming Apple Watch ban
  • Retailers will be prohibited from selling models with the blood oxygen feature

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Rolex gave away 16 watches today at Daytona. One winner has Gator parents and a very bright future. I had an unforgettable week being there. I was given a Rolex patch. So close, off by one letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator