TuesdayFavorites….What commercial takes you back to your childhood?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
There are some classic commercials from my childhood that instantly take me back in time. What are your favorites?

Everything you wanted but didn’t get for Christmas is now on sale at sears

My bologna has a first name…

Where’s the beef?

He likes it, he likes it!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Too many national ones to list, but everyone from Detroit remembers this one for Faygo… they had more than 20 flavors of drinks.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coming from Gadsden county where Coca-Cola got a lot of its financial start up, Coke was a big deal. My grandmama used to have a case of the “short” cokes delivered every two weeks. I was 11 when this commercial came out and it brings back memories of a simpler time…

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Coming from Gadsden county where Coca-Cola got a lot of its financial start up, Coke was a big deal. My grandmama used to have a case of the “short” cokes delivered every two weeks. I was 11 when this commercial came out and it brings back memories of a simpler time…

They used the cast of Billy Jack for that commercial.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020

I never realized until I saw this for the first time in 45 years a few years back that the young woman is the man's wife and presumably, the young man with her is him. I wondered how such a taboo fantasy got by the censors so long ago, but it's no such thing. They just need to get away.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My kids are VERY familiar with this PSA from when I was a kid... I always hit them with the last line... "I wish you were never born!"

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Pardon my overindulgence, but great thread! Cigarette ads in particular do it for me, not least because they were banned when I was 9 or 10. Not trying to wax nostalgic about lung cancer, but their marketing was pure evil genius.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My kids are VERY familiar with this PSA from when I was a kid... I always hit them with the last line... "I wish you were never born!"

Umm, you might have gotten the wrong message from this PSA if you said that to your kids :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.