TuesdayFavorites….What commercial takes you back to your childhood?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
A lot of my Tallahassee tv time was WTCG-17 out of Atlanta. That’s where all of the reruns of Andy Griffith, Gilligans Island, The Munsters, etc were played.
In between?

MS02MjA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

61ZZrv0WEfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

1683681897732.jpeg

41BMG1R3P5L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
A lot of my Tallahassee tv time was WTCG-17 out of Atlanta. That’s where all of the reruns of Andy Griffith, Gilligans Island, The Munsters, etc were played.
In between?

MS02MjA3LmpwZWc.jpeg

61ZZrv0WEfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

View attachment 57369

41BMG1R3P5L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
I can’t believe “Mule Train” didn’t make the Boxcar Willie album cover… it must be a “and many more” because to this day, the only thing I remember from that commercial is, “Muuuuuuule traiiiiiin! HE! YA!!” He was no Red Sovine!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I can’t believe “Mule Train” didn’t make the Boxcar Willie album cover… it must be a “and many more” because to this day, the only thing I remember from that commercial is, “Muuuuuuule traiiiiiin! HE! YA!!” He was no Red Sovine!

I CANNOT BELIEVE I FORGOT RED SOVINE!!!

“C’mon back Truckers and talk to Teddy Bear”
“Roses for Mama”
“Phantom 309”

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Yup, and other AFN greats…

“Don’t shop when you’re hungry, no! No! No”, the “look at all these checks, I must be rich!” money management commercials..

And of course the spouse abuse one where the woman with the black eye says she hit her face on the door knob in the housing laundry room!

My wife and I still sing the Don’t shop when you’re hungry song.

There was another OPSEC one where they were playing cards… “Go fish”

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
I still remember the lines in an old Marlboro commercial…

“You get a lot to like with a Marlboro…”
“…filter, flavor, pack or box!”
The male social behavior depicted in this ad is also a thing of the past. You only see a scene like this today in a movie titled Brokeback Mountain Fiveway.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The male social behavior depicted in this ad is also a thing of the past. You only see a scene like this today in a movie titled Brokeback Mountain Fiveway.
I’ve never seen the original (though have often referenced it in polite Chatter conversations). I for damn sure will not be watching the sequel mentioned. It wasn’t part of the treasure trove in Hunter’s laptop was it? Seems like he’s done about everything else imaginable.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ve never seen the original (though have often referenced it in polite Chatter conversations). I for damn sure will not be watching the sequel mentioned. It wasn’t part of the treasure trove in Hunter’s laptop was it? Seems like he’s done about everything else imaginable.
You seem… curious.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1683744590854.jpeg

Got it from a reliable source that Slim is actually @Gatordiddy ’s bio dad. Seems Slim played a gig in Tallahassee in the 60’s, probably at Ruby Diamond, and hooked up with a groupie, local girl. It explains Diddy’s well-developed eclectic musical knowledge. Not to mention his hairdo and smooth vocal discharge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 57406

Got it from a reliable source that Slim is actually @Gatordiddy ’s bio dad. Seems Slim played a gig in Tallahassee in the 60’s, probably at Ruby Diamond, and hooked up with a groupie, local girl. It explains Diddy’s well-developed eclectic musical knowledge. Not to mention his hairdo and smooth vocal discharge.
I remember seeing his place as a kid. Pretty sure it was off Blanding on the way to Middleburg from Jax. ”Woodpecker Paradise” as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.