Twosday Favorites.....Beach

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@Seedy brought it to my attention that today was National Beach Day after I had already posted the Seinfeld thread so now we have two favorites.
Hope you all can deal with the chaos and still participate.

What's your favorite beach?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
In Florida?

Hard to beat the Clearwater, St Pete, Fort DeSoto, and Ana Maria Island beaches.

Have always liked the Cape San Blas area if you want the beaches without the people.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
the movie comedy GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mexico Beach

James Taylor wasn’t necessarily singing about MB, but it was a good tune to listen to when down that way…

“Oh, Mexico
It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low
Moon's so bright like to light up the night
Make everything all right”

:weep: My misspent youth…

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mexico Beach

James Taylor wasn’t necessarily singing about MB, but it was a good tune to listen to when down that way…

“Oh, Mexico
It sounds so sweet with the sun sinking low
Moon's so bright like to light up the night
Make everything all right”

:weep: My misspent youth…
We went on a very rare family vacation when I was a kid to Mexico Beach. I was probably 8 years old. The only one I recall before my parents got divorced. We took the cat with us. Who takes a cat to the beach? :lol:

Drove through there about 2 years ago and it was starting to come back to life. At least they are keeping the high rises out.

St George Island is one of my favorites.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have a lot of great memories from Ft Myers beach. It’s been a long time since I’ve been there . We used to go every year when my grandfather lived there . St Augustine is where we go now .

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
Sanibel Island
Ormond Beach

Two completely different experiences, but both great.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Did anyone else skip class at UF to go to Crescent Beach for the day?
You could drive on the beach, get out and sit by your car.
I’ve never been to another beach where you could do that.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

This pic is painful really. I expected this thread to have pics in it but I was hoping for :jog: .

Also, is it just me or does this look like a missing person/dead body recovery image? I mean, the boats are out dragging for the body while the dad stays quietly on the beach both waiting for the boats to finish and searching his soul for a WHY answer to give his wife.
Him: "Honey, she was there one moment, and I turned around for only a second, then turned back around and she was gone."
Her: "Is that blood on your cheek or is that lipstick?"

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
This pic is painful really. I expected this thread to have pics in it but I was hoping for :jog: .

Also, is it just me or does this look like a missing person/dead body recovery image? I mean, the boats are out dragging for the body while the dad stays quietly on the beach both waiting for the boats to finish and searching his soul for a WHY answer to give his wife.
Him: "Honey, she was there one moment, and I turned around for only a second, then turned back around and she was gone."
Her: "Is that blood on your cheek or is that lipstick?"

You’ve watched too many murder shows.
Seedy is gazing off into the distance wondering if he could sell everything, get a fishing boat and live off the profits from making beaded necklaces.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You’ve watched too many murder shows.
Seedy is gazing off into the distance wondering if he could sell everything, get a fishing boat and live off the profits from making beaded necklaces.
Well, he can. I've got several nieces that I'm putting through UF in a decade from pasta and bead necklaces alone.

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ah, Playa Hermosa, about 25 miles north of our old stomping ground down there (Portrero, Juquilal, etc.). I know that western coast of CR with the islands and little pangas. It almost looks like Flamingo. Good beaches all of them. Also rather fond of my beach, not far from where I sit. It's pretty during the summer when there are no tourists here. Pompano Beach. Here's where I hang, and have been since before I could walk even.

Attachments

• IMG_0272-e1437153761853-2048x1605.jpg
    IMG_0272-e1437153761853-2048x1605.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb