Typical Day of a UF football player

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/6...tball-players-daily-schedule-graphic#comments Here's that itinerary, stripped of the bright colors and ads:
  • 6:00-7:00 a.m.: Wake up
  • 7:00-7:45 a.m.: Eat breakfast
  • 8:00-11:30 a.m.: Class
  • 12:00-12:30 p.m.: Eat lunch
  • 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Lift
  • 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Fuel and recover
  • 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Meetings
  • 3:30-5:30 p.m.: Practice
  • 6:00-6:30 p.m.: Fuel and recover
  • 6:30-7:00 p.m.: Eat
  • 7:30-9:00 p.m.: Study
Well the eating, Class, Study are things that every student needs to do. Sometimes I would not need 1.5 hours each day to study. I wonder what is done on the weekends.

I also wonder how the player who worked at Publix managed to get all this done.

Now if you have a part time job and have to get to it you might spend more time (not effort) working that this. Thirty hours a week not including travel time is not that many. In addition this "work" is actually training for a future career for some and a benefit to all of them by improving their physical conditioning.

Bloviate!!!

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you are in a tough major, there is no free time at all.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
LagoonGator68;n232958 said:

I agree. Plus, I'm sure that they get a lot of help from tutors and friends. It's still has to be tough, no doubt.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n232958 said:

I'm guessing a fairly low percentage of UF football players are taking on what is considered a 'tough major'. However, I don't blame them for choosing an easier path with all of the other 'stuff' they have to do (I would). One has to wonder when these guys find the time to get in trouble - ah, not really, everybody knows that the nightlife doesn't get going until well after 9PM.
Also, do they really schedule all of the football guys classes from 8-11:30? Seems unrealistic.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n233175 said:
I read the title and thought someone got hurt

Yeah, I was kinda expecting a tour of the rehab facilities too.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And again, this is why am okay with the stipend.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n233167 said:
I'm guessing a fairly low percentage of UF football players are taking on what is considered a 'tough major'. However, I don't blame them for choosing an easier path with all of the other 'stuff' they have to do (I would). One has to wonder when these guys find the time to get in trouble - ah, not really, everybody knows that the nightlife doesn't get going until well after 9PM.
Also, do they really schedule all of the football guys classes from 8-11:30? Seems unrealistic.

Some can't fit in the 8-11:30 bracket. There was a player who was in my circuits lab while I was at UF. It was a 4 hour lab that ended at 6pm on Tuesdays, so he got him coaches permission before had to do it. He graduated an EE I believe, and one of Spurriers 4th TE's in the mid 90's went to my barber and graduated with an Engineering degree as well. But I do think those are more exceptions than the rule.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are always a few engineers and pre-med, vet, dental, pharmacy types struggling to work around 4 hour labs. Proudpoppa's boy and one other were chem engineer guys last year and the RB walk on who worked at Publix started UF med school last Sept.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n232947 said:
Wonder what "fuel and recover" means exactly. :dunno:

Eating special stuff to recover at least I saw a special bar for the guys to get special shakes etc.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n233107 said:
I agree. Plus, I'm sure that they get a lot of help from tutors and friends. It's still has to be tough, no doubt.

Well unless I remember incorrectly the guy who worked a Publix was like Pre Med. Got weekends, got the off season, got time but not that much.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
VulcanAlex;n233552 said:
Well unless I remember incorrectly the guy who worked a Publix was like Pre Med. Got weekends, got the off season, got time but not that much.

Yeah, that would be Michael McNeeley--the guy that saved many of us from football suicide in last year's georgia game. He was obviously an exceptional student.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My typical days in college.

Monday
7:30am - commute to classes
9am - 3pm - classes
3pm - 4:30 pm - commute back home
5pm - 6am Tuesday - work at Winn Dixie

Tuesday
6am - arrive home from work
7am - 3pm - sleep
3pm - 4pm - eat/shower
4pm - 10pm - study, spend some time with girlfriend

Wednesday
repeat Monday

Thursday
repeat Tuesday

What's my point, I am sorry but I do not feel sorry for football players. My hours were worse, I had no tutors, no nutrition counselors, no fame or fortune, nobody complaining for me or defending my cause....just hard work.

They can cry all they want and you can join in if you like but they have it made.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n233631 said:
My typical days in college.

Monday
7:30am - commute to classes
9am - 3pm - classes
3pm - 4:30 pm - commute back home
5pm - 6am Tuesday - work at Winn Dixie

Tuesday
6am - arrive home from work
7am - 3pm - sleep
3pm - 4pm - eat/shower
4pm - 10pm - study, spend some time with girlfriend

Wednesday
repeat Monday

Thursday
repeat Tuesday

What's my point, I am sorry but I do not feel sorry for football players. My hours were worse, I had no tutors, no nutrition counselors, no fame or fortune, nobody complaining for me or defending my cause....just hard work.

They can cry all they want and you can join in if you like but they have it made.

Well perhaps they don't "have it made" but they really don't have it that bad especially considering all the perks both professional and personal that they get. Free clothes, shoes, great food, etc.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
MissouriGator;n233625 said:
Yeah, that would be Michael McNeeley--the guy that saved many of us from football suicide in last year's georgia game. He was obviously an exceptional student.

And I bet an exceptional person as well from how he handled his moment of fame. Thus the point it is not impossible to take a very difficult major, do football, have a part time job, and I bet some personal life as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;233643 said:
And I bet an exceptional person as well from how he handled his moment of fame. Thus the point it is not impossible to take a very difficult major, do football, have a part time job, and I bet some personal life as well.

McNeely didn't spend nearly the amount of time that starters or other players that play significant amounts of time spend at practice.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n233726 said:
McNeely didn't spend nearly the amount of time that starters or other players that play significant amounts of time spend at practice.

I would say he did not spend as much time actually practicing but how might you know that he did not spend the same "time" at practice as the other players? Perhaps you have some actual information, I am just assuming that all players on the team spend the same time at practice, team cohesion would require it. Are those who just play special teams also not at practice as much as say the starters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb