Tyrie Cleveland...the next great Gator receiver?

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Amidst all the adulation - and rightfully so- over Feleipe Franks on this day, lest we forget about the contributions of a superstar in the making in Tyrie Cleveland. This kid has a knack for the spectacular play and has tremendous ball skills. Hats off to him for wanting to seize the moment and ball out; he's looking like a big time SEC receiver right now. I hope this game gives the coaching staff the confidence to air it out more and give him a chance to make plays. Franks has a special arm and we should let him challenge defenses. If this coaching staff allows him to get consistent looks downfield in every game this year, he could be All-SEC. He clearly has 1st Round ability.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
He had a nice KR today too. I wasn't sure why he was the guy back there. I thought Toney or Malik Davis. Cleveland showed some return skill on that return.
I thought this kid was the most physically gifted receiver we've had here in awhile before the season started. He's a deep threat. He should get at least three or four chances a game to go deep. Cleveland, Toney, Malik Davis, Hammond. I think we're slowly recognizing our play makers.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want Callaway back. I want to see what this team can do with all the athletes suited up. And if the coaches still can't help us score points, then we can all start our letter-writing campaign.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It would have been nice to have Calloway one side of the field and Cleveland on the other.

That's a D.C.'s nightmare.

Alex.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland has the good straight ahead speed with the ability to break arm tackles, which is great for kick returns. Toney should definitely be the punt returner.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TC has upped his game each year to the point he's almost clutch status for us. Congrats, he wanted the ball and stuck the dagger into the Vols... way to go Gator!!

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland has the good straight ahead speed with the ability to break arm tackles, which is great for kick returns. Toney should definitely be the punt returner.

You're all assuming Toney is good at fielding punts. Based on an extremely limited sample size, his hands might not be his strong suit. He is electric when he is able to hold on to the ball. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator