U.S Open at Pebble Beach

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think Woodland is a guy worthy of pulling for. He and Kuch in the preceding Twiter video is what's right about sports and people that too often gets overlooked (or maybe preempted) these days.
What a way to close it out with a long putt that you really did not need to get going in. As I suspected Tiger is not going to be a strong force again, he has abused his body in the past too much. I really wish he would retire since he gets way too much attention relative to his current ability.
It took some stones to pull off some of the shots Woodland hit yesterday (e.g. the 3 wood, the long chip shot that was lying on the surface of the green, and the closing putt). He took advantage of his moment and didn't flinch. Bravo.

As for Tiger, who knows but that he may yet put together another good tournament or two, maybe even another major, but it gets harder and harder for him as each day passes. Father time and the surgeon's scalpel take no prisoners. I doubt he fades away anytime soon, however. He's still too big a draw and I think he still has a strong hope. Difference is that yesterday he knew; today he thinks.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
UPDATE: I'm still looking for the video, but Woodland did a Facetime call with Amy at the press conference. It was awesome. This guy must have learned from Tebow's example.

I'm a fan.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the behavior that should be exhibited by ambassadors of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator