UCF: When we have this many haters, we’re doing something right

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Have they hung their 2nd National Championship banner yet? They did almost beat a 3 loss SEC team, beating a 4 loss SEC team earned them one last year.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone laughing at you for putting “National Champions” on everything on campus is not hate. It’s ridicule and it’s embarrasing.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
They are calling out that only UCF and Alabama have only 1 loss in the past 2 years.

North Dakota State also only has one loss over the past 2 years. UCF's strength of schedule is a LOT closer to that of North Dakota State than it is to Alabama's.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
They are calling out that only UCF and Alabama have only 1 loss in the past 2 years.

North Dakota State also only has one loss over the past 2 years. UCF's strength of schedule is a LOT closer to that of North Dakota State than it is to Alabama's.

I root for NDS every year and they have if I remember correctly 5 NCs that they earned on the field. UCF has none.

Now I agree they are doing something correctly, they are playing an exciting brand of football and competing above their level. Move up a level and see how that works out for you. Take our offer to play us, and see what happens.

Somehow fourth string DBs did something against their defense, what would our secondary do to them?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So.... the 6th best team in the SEC, with 9 starters out, beats you handily and you think that makes you an elite team?

:headslap:

Last edited:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It was a cute little story at first, and then they blew it by actually believing their own bull**** and just became laughingstocks. Now that they’ve been beaten, I think this 15 minutes of fame has run its course - frankly I couldn’t care less anymore. Don’t know why any of us would.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Funny thing is I've gone to one or 2 of their home games every season whenever it didn't coincide with a UF game for the last 15 years or so. We get free club passes from a client....I stopped going this year because the whole "National Championship" garbage made me want to stick my finger down my throat....

The way we played down the stretch and in the bowl game we would have clocked them by 30 or more....LSU was nothing special this year and without 9 starters they looked like a mess out there. They should have won that game by 3 TD's easily.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Kicker is if they run the table again next year their egos will only get larger. Though, from what I heard/read during their game with LSU, the QB that is the heart and soul will redshirt for rehab next year then return for 2020. So, perhaps next year they only get to 9-3 or 10-2?

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Kicker is if they run the table again next year their egos will only get larger. Though, from what I heard/read during their game with LSU, the QB that is the heart and soul will redshirt for rehab next year then return for 2020. So, perhaps next year they only get to 9-3 or 10-2?

That QB had a horrific injury.. he may or may not ever be able to play again, and if he does it may not be 100%.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
They have more students than UF and FSU... put a few in the stadium. Their home games look more like Miami than a big-time program.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They are staking actual claim to the national title because one of the computers, ColleyMatrix, showed them ahead of Alabama in 2017. Someone pointed out that this is the same computer that showed Notre Dame winning it all in 2012 AFTER they were shellacked by Alabama 42-14 in the title game.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
They are staking actual claim to the national title because one of the computers, ColleyMatrix, showed them ahead of Alabama in 2017. Someone pointed out that this is the same computer that showed Notre Dame winning it all in 2012 AFTER they were shellacked by Alabama 42-14 in the title game.
Shhhhhh.......their minds are made up; don't confuse them with facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator