Warning: Political Takes UConn Cancels Football 2020 Season

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fuchs them. they should have never been pretending to begin with. it was nothing but money games for them.

Fuchs their entire athletic program

This school has won 3 men’s basketball championships and subsequently went on probation after each one without ever being called out as the cheaters they are. Recruiting violations, grade changing, and manipulating drug tests. You name it and UConn has done it yet Jim Calhoun was never accountable

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Fuchs their entire athletic program

This school has won 3 men’s basketball championships and subsequently went on probation after each one without ever being called out as the cheaters they are. Recruiting violations, grade changing, and manipulating drug tests. You name it and UConn has done it yet Jim Calhoun was never accountable

The judgment is strong with this one.

And the facts are weak with this one as well.

I graduated from UConn and as I was the mascot my senior year and therefore worked in the athletic department, I can sincerely say that everything you just said is absolute B.S.

We Huskies had ONE academic violation. And it was for being too stupid and not meeting the normal NCAA standards for our basketball program. Thus, we were not allowed to participate in the postseason because our grades were that bad. Quite embarrassing IMHO.

Two, we had ONE recruiting violation. And yes, it was a year or two after one of our national titles (which there have been four, not three... again, please get your facts straight). And the assistant coach (who was new to the program) behind that violation was subsequently fired.

I've met Calhoun several times. And in a sense, he had always reminded me of SOS. A little blunt and rough around the edges, but always by the book.

Stop throwing stones without knowing the facts first. And let's face it: Every program has made mistakes and overstepped their bounds from time to time. Even...GASP... UF!

No one is perfect. So please step off your high horse now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator