UF adding Hockey?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only has it never been a topic in 7 years here, it was never a topic on the old GSMB for 20 years before that. Quite possibly because it's a ridiculous idea.

I agree.

The next crazy thing we will hear is that UF is considering adding a women’s lacrosse team. Oh wait....

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not only has it never been a topic in 7 years here, it was never a topic on the old GSMB for 20 years before that. Quite possibly because it's a ridiculous idea.
I can't imagine why. Lots of women's hockey fans in Florida (It would have to be a women's sport because of Title IX), and building and maintaining a hockey rink on the crowded UF campus or converting the O'Connell Center into a Hockey/mixed-use facility would be a very good use of AD funds. I wish Jeremy Foley was still in charge of the budget, he'd be all over something like this.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't imagine why. Lots of women's hockey fans in Florida (It would have to be a women's sport because of Title IX), and building and maintaining a hockey rink on the crowded UF campus or converting the O'Connell Center into a Hockey/mixed-use facility would be a very good use of AD funds. I wish Jeremy Foley was still in charge of the budget, he'd be all over something like this.
They would probably attempt to have the rink at Ben Hill Griffin, right in the middle of summer. Lot of smart people running the show.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I can't imagine why. Lots of women's hockey fans in Florida (It would have to be a women's sport because of Title IX), and building and maintaining a hockey rink on the crowded UF campus or converting the O'Connell Center into a Hockey/mixed-use facility would be a very good use of AD funds.

Well we're not exactly using it for world-class basketball and apparently have no plans to attempt. I'll get behind it, but only if they throw in 90's style girl's roller derby on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

What makes you think that Fooley is not in charge? Nothing has changed over at the UAA in years. I contend that Fooley is still the Head Puppet Master and the UF Athletic Dept. is the worst run Ath. Dept. in the SEC.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well we're not exactly using it for world-class basketball and apparently have no plans to attempt. I'll get behind it, but only if they throw in 90's style girl's roller derby on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Roller derby is awful

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Roller derby is awful

You clearly went to the wrong ones or went to one recently. That said, I did specify 90's style. Before softball rejects and lesbians took over.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Rbc8ad1621cd52f90a6f07094ef62737f

Fuchs' First Transgender Team...Their ELITE​

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.