UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Give me the name of any potentially available coach (yeah, not Saban, Meyer, Franklin, Harbaugh, obviously Kelly) and I'll shoot a hole in hiring them using your terms. They'll have failed, or they'll be doing OK at a mid-tier school (can't use the "couldn't compete at UF" argument because that can't be proven). Mullen's a good hire based on a number of criteria (success at UF, success in a tough job, knows the lay of the land, known name who will attract recruits TO UF...not Starkville, can muster a decent staff with minimal effort, shows some fire on the sideline, etc).

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
in his defense? the numbers you just put up prove my point. And again, fields is currently a recruit, which means his measurables are going to be anywhere between 5-15% inflated. Hes probably about 205 and 6'1. He'd be fine at auburn or oklahoma but murdered running the qb power into SEC defenses. As far as trask who knows, but franks? really? He's tall and thin, would not be a good idea.
I'm tossing out listed stats, not "probably"s or "anywhere"s.
Note that I didn't specifically endorse any. I've seen footage of Fields and I believe his size is somewhat accurate, though I'll grant that most of his ground yardage has not been up the middle.
No...I don't think Franks is a good fit for anything other than maybe tight end.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I put those stats together hoping it would tell me something good.
I hate stats.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
You do know that Mullen's offense at MSU adjusted to the talent, don't you? Sure, the early years with Relf were heavy run, but the Prescott years were about 50-50 and much heavier yardage passing.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I'll give the guy a chance. Much better than the trash burning sessions we have had on Saturdays for the past several years. Another year of McElwain with his arms crossed and chomping on gum and that would have been the end of watching football for me. It was just too damn painful to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator