Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the first question to Mullen is “do you consider this a lateral move?”.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
I just tuned in.... YOU GOT TO BE F*CKING SH*TTING ME. Cousin Eddie, for full price... *uck me.

Get ready for endless quarterback runs. So exciting watching your neanderthal QB nearly get injured every week. This better *ucking work.

Win or Go home back to Sippi, Cousin Eddie.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bleacher Report saying its a done deal. Is there a presser this evening or not?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
To be clear, I'm not thrilled with this hire. But it seems like the complete meltdown includes several who were all about Taggart based on his resume of rebuilding bad or hard-to-win-at programs. In the 6 seasons at Msu prior to Mullen, the bulldogs went 4-8, 8-5, 3-9,3-8, 3-8,2-10)23-. In his first 6 years there, they went 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6, 10-3. Again, this isn't an endorsement of him. But if we're looking for the positives in WT's record, why not apply the same logic with Mullen, especially considering he had to face Saban very year. Lauding one and completely bashing the other makes little sense.
Because both hires are probably disasters but at least Taggart would have stocked the cupboard. I'm not joking when I say this feels like our foreign AD intentionally sabotaging our program. 7 million a year down the drain. I was completely against keeping Shannon and saving bank to make a big splash but I now see Swonkey was completely right.

danicus007

Nov 20, 2017
They were coming with the other possible hires?
No, but point being what has Mullen done w/out studs like them? Lose every big game just like McElwain. At least bag of cats crazy Chip Kelly won without having all world players like Urban brought in while Mullen was the OC. One could argue even Nuss couldn't mess up that NFL filled roster we had. Well maybe that's going a bit too far.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
@Swamp Donkey - normally I don’t care about dislikes, but on a subject like this it’s a poor choice. I thought you were better than that.

Of all the sick twisted **** we say on here and a joke about homosexual rape pushes you over the edge? Seriously man loosen up, it's a fcking message board. Maybe it's little to rough and tough in here for you.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I went thru every post in this thread to see if the Honorable Cover2 had weighed in on this travesty and I did not see one. So my only logical guess is that C2 is at a House of Worship asking for forgiveness for the Gator Nation and wondering what we have done to deserve this. For going on close to 10 years now, C2 has diligently posted his "Bits and Pieces" summarizing the garbage that we have been put thru and he trudged on and on. I for one would not at all be mad at him if C2 has decided to retire his "Bits and Pieces" after this news. I do not want him or anyone else to endanger their personal health anymore!!!!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My god this is the doofus we just hired....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/rick_cleveland?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@rick_cleveland</a> asked Dan Mullen who they had to beat out in recruiting to land Nick Fitzgerald. This was his response &amp; it&#39;s glorious. <a href="https://t.co/fFZGJwyVFq">pic.twitter.com/fFZGJwyVFq</a></p>&mdash; Robby Donoho III (@RobbyDonoho) <a href="">November 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ah..... you do realize that Fitzgerald turned out to be one hell of a QB?

I also think you've completely missed the humor of the moment.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
$7 Million a year..... SEVEN. So Strickland, who use to work with this guy at MSU, just lobs SEVEN MILLION at this guy that is NOT in line with normal SEC salaries for this type of hire? How does this not merit an investigation by the UF board? This is f***ing weird if this is true. How does this not set of red flags here for the UF administration? Jesus Christ.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I know this has probably been said a thousand times already in this thread...but why would Mullen take a lateral move???
Seriously this will not end well. No chance at all. His wife says we're so crazy that she has to shop in Orlando. AND Mullen calls us a lateral move to Miss State..We haven't even gotten into the fact that there's no way this will be "fun". Stricklin said he wants Gator football to be fun again. Then he chooses the least "fun" guy he possibly could. The only way this makes sense is if Scott Stricklin really hates gator football and is actively trying to destroy it. Otherwise why does this hire make any sense???

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, in an offense that couldn't beat other SEC teams. What is your point?

Well, he beat the hell out of LSU & they damn near beat Bama with their 2nd string QB. So, I guess your right......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.