UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
I remember going to a

This is why I researched the Mississippi State records for the 9 year stretch before Mullen got there and posted them side-by-side. He looks pretty damn good to me. 69-46 (33-39 SEC) vs. 37-69 (17-55).
9 years and not able to break through ! Doesnt that tell you something?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah Tim only threw for over 9,000 yards 88 TD to 16 INT during his career at UF. In the 2 years starting with Mullen he threw 32 and 30 TD and dropped to 21 as a SR after Mullen left. But yeah we never threw the ball

Preach brother!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

That's some funny shyt.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Tim only threw for over 9,000 yards 88 TD to 16 INT during his career at UF. In the 2 years starting with Mullen he threw 32 and 30 TD and dropped to 21 as a SR after Mullen left. But yeah we never threw the ball

Yeah, more good stats without context. Tim was a great kid, great leader and great runner. He was a less than stellar passer. I would like to see the stats on how many passes were complete at or behind the line of scrimmage and Percy or Rainey than ran for 70 yards.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hey pumpers...can anyone explain why he stayed in loserville for 9 years? Most great coaches aspire for something greater.

He came here for a nice retirement fund for his family. We're screwed.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
I don't follow recruiting like you all do, so I decided to educate myself. Per Rivals team rankings (which go back to 2002), the average Mississippi State class was ranked #31. Prior to his arrival they ranked 36th, so again Mullen did better than his predecessors. In his four years at Florida we were ranked 15, 2, 1, and 3. Obviously, Urban Meyer gets the most credit as the head guy but is there actually evidence that Mullen can't recruit or are we all just unhappy first and coming up with reasons second? Sounds like everyone is just in the mood to *****.
We'll see!!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, more good stats without context. Tim was a great kid, great leader and great runner. He was a less than stellar passer. I would like to see the stats on how many passes were complete at or behind the line of scrimmage and Percy or Rainey than ran for 70 yards.
Not many... maybe you need to go watch some of those games again... we threw the ball all over

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whats the deal with his wife and publix? Can someone explain?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey pumpers...can anyone explain why he stayed in loserville for 9 years? Most great coaches aspire for something greater.

Poor decision to go to ms.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You just follow me around marking my submission with DISLIKE yet never offering any real counter to my points. Well done sir. You are almost as lazy as our AD

I could tell from your comments in the Kelly discussion that no matter what Stricklin did, you were not going to like it. So I admit that I don't give your posts that much attention. Question, am I contradicting myself by responding? Hmmm.

Last edited:

danicus007

Nov 20, 2017
I think the issue most have with Mullen is that he's not en elite coach. Everyone knows this. We've suffered through a decade of awful boring offense but at least we had a D that could win games, up until this season. Mullen is a good coach, an upgrade over McElwain and Muschamp but he's in no fashion to be referred to as elite or a big time coach that we all know for a fact would ignite the offense from day one like a Kelly or Frost. Add in the fact that it "appears" Mullen was their guy from the get go, that adds fuel to the fire and frustration we all have after following the Frost/Kelly saga for 2 weeks solid on this board. Last Sunday night all the "sources" are saying Kelly is a done deal.....we're all excited to get that huge recruiting class and see more than 2 touchdowns a game and poof gone in what felt like an instant.

Mullen will be able to win 8-9 games a season no problem, we'll maybe look like a football team. But we aren't going to win any titles which is why this hire is pointless and depressing and everyone knows this whether they want to admit it or not. And if it really is $7 million a season, on top of still paying the last two morons, then God help us all.

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whats the deal with his wife and publix? Can someone explain?

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

We got turned down by Kelly and Frost and god knows who else Guess you would rather have kept butters?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Well fellow gators, I hope for the best but feel like Stricklin personally kicked me in the balls with a steel boot. So many quality candidates and we hire Mullen.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen Franks attempt a screen pass? It's fuking brutal. Even screens and short passes require a level of skill and timing. Tim was an excellent passing QB in college and this won't change no matter how you attempt to spin or "add context" to his stats.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yes sir.. folks complain about his recruiting in Mississippi... Let's think about that for 2 seconds. Hey 18 years old 5 star. Ya wanna come to Mississippi state.... Q What's their? A the school and ahh ahhh ahhh cotton fields. Kids says thanks but No thanks

Exactly. I hate to diss Mississippi, but there is not much there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb