UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
LOOOLLLLzzzz at cousin eddie trying to flip justin fields. Serious LOOLLLLZZZZZZ

I suppose you’d feel better if Mullen didn’t make the effort? Mullen is coming, like it or not. If he gets a QB who fits the offense, it’s a big improvement over the alternative.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Can you imaging waking up in Knoxville this morning?

I'm accepting of this hire because I have no choice..... but be thankful we don't have a complete circus like UT has.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
1st game, Stricklin is so sure as to lead our first pre-game cheer; he'll take over as Mr.7-Million Bits.

danicus007

Nov 20, 2017
My bad, I didn't mean to bring Sister Hazel into this mess! :lmao2:

Seriously though I guess it's nice that all these former players seem cool with the hire, but I'm not buying it. Still disappointed in UF and this hire sadly :(

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mostly off the forums due to work. But, one competitor site was easier to check from my phone so I was on it a little bit more than others. For some reason, I only recently realized that this site was available through Tapatalk.
I thought you didnt luv us no more.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
As I said in a previous post, Mullen wasn’t my top choice but he’s a good hire. Before I get told to stop pumping sunshine, look at what he’s done. He has 2 first round QBs (Alex Smith and Tim Tebow) drafted, a Heisman winning QB, a finalist (Smith) for the Heisman, NFL Rookie of the year QB (Dak Prescott), and not to mention what he’s done with Fitzgerald (a QB that no Power 5 conference offered). Yes it’s not the homer run hire of Kelly or Frost, but if he can develop Corral and make Trask (Bc Franks is hot Garbage) serviceable for next year, we can have a great team real soon. Let the hate flow through you, but I bleed Orange and Blue and I always will. It’s Great to be a Florida Gator

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I suppose you’d feel better if Mullen didn’t make the effort? Mullen is coming, like it or not. If he gets a QB who fits the offense, it’s a big improvement over the alternative.
Yeah, fields will be thrilled about dakking and tebowing his way up the gut 25 times a game. That's what mullen will be asking him to do. You realize that don't you? I'd feel better if we had a good coach who actually ran a good offense. That would be a big improvement over the continuation of crap football and crap offense.

Fields will not be coming here. You can write that down, whether you like it or not.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
For those that are adamantly against Mullen being hired ... who should we have went for after being told no by CK and Frost as well as Norvell appears to be unhireable for some reason.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Not that anyone of importance reads this message board, but Really! This is great conversation...We say our new coach can't recruit great players, so we help him out by making comments like this to help scare a committed recruit off...NOT THAT THEY ARE READING...but some recruits may hear about the fan base displeasure . You really know what's broken at Florida, We Are! We are the most obnoxious, egotistical, spoiled brat fans in college sports. Hey I'm pissed too! We were told we're gonna make Football fun again. I just don't see it with this hire. I see boredom. I see mediocrity. I see another coaching search in 4 years, while I see every other program get their guy. If we are all that, why didn't happen for Florida. Don't blame Strickland. Blame US. No one wants OUR job because US. Read this board again. Who would want to step to a podium every week and explain why we only won 21-13 while "Fire ___" message boards get set up on your 1st day. We are a difficult job, because of US
Another blast that the fans are the problem. Can you name one top tier program that has "reasonable fans". Bad hires are bad hires, regardless of the fans. I wish the guy the best but that doesn't mean that Stricklin won't turn our to be "Strychnine" just like Foley is Fooley. Let's hope against hope.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

tenor.gif

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, fields will be thrilled about dakking and tebowing his way up the gut 25 times a game. That's what mullen will be asking him to do. You realize that don't you? I'd feel better if we had a good coach who actually ran a good offense. That would be a big improvement over the continuation of crap football and crap offense.

Fields will not be coming here. You can write that down, whether you like it or not.
Dak- NFL rookie of the year
Tebow- Heisman winner 1st round pick

Why wouldn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.