Gator Baseball UF Baseball

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How do we give up seven earned runs when none of our pitchers according to the box score had an era over 5.06. I either need a math refresher, or an era refresher, or the card is wrong.

In keeping with the board culture of bitching in the face of an overwhelming victory. Scew FSPew. I don't care how many runs we scored. It is not acceptable to give up seven runs and make two errors. :D

Last edited:

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
How do we give up seven earned runs when none of our pitchers according to the box score had an era over 5.06. I either need a math refresher, or an era refresher, or the card is wrong.

In keeping with the board culture of *****ing in the face of an overwhelming victory. Scew FSPew. I don't care how many runs we scored. It is not acceptable to give up seven runs and make two errors. :D
I believe unearned runs are not charged against the pitcher..

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
All of FSU's runs tonight were earned even though we had 2 errors. Pitchers ERA is cumulative for the season and is based on how many earned runs they've given up per 9 innings pitched. The Noles' pitching staff took a real hit tonight because 18 of the 20 runs we scored were earned even though they had 3 charged errors. Our team ERA for the season is 3.46, which is good for D1, but our fielding percentage is .965, which is not good for D1 and terrible by UF standards. Team batting average is up to .300 with 21 HR's and 135 RBI's, 158 runs scored in 19 games, which is excellent. This weekend series vs. Miss. St. is huge.

Last edited:

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Innings 5-9 were awesome to watch. 20 runs.

Loved the nole beatdown.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I was gonna give y'all the game breakdown, but Martin already gave us that breakdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator