Gator Basketball UF beats Ole Miss 90-86 in OT

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida takes on Mississippi tonight at 6:30 PM on SECN. We have to beat a quality team if we are to even remain close to the outside of the bubble. Everyone needs to play great and as a team. Scoring should be a top priority, followed by fmdefense and rebounding imo. It will take 70 points to win tonight at least I think

Go Gators!!!!!!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, go Gators. Just watch the differing playing styles. The team utilizing the most variety of inside-outside scoring will win i.e. the team taking the 65% FGs over the 35% FGs will win. No matter what, I'll watch & yearn for a winning style.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I checked this morning and we were a 5.5 point favorite.
Currently we're at -5. I was surprised by the initial line and suspect
it will be around 4 by tip off.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I checked this morning and we were a 5.5 point favorite.
Currently we're at -5. I was surprised by the initial line and suspect
it will be around 4 by tip off.

I'm surprised by the line as well. And the over/under is at 132.5

Given the 5 point line, that puts the winning score in the 68-69 point range.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Lee is 100% correct. With 12 games left and 5 of those teams with 3 or less losses on the season, we will need some upsets to have a chance for the dance. Two games with ky and lsu an one with the No. 1 team in the land, we have a long road for a successful season. Scoring, defense and rebounding are critical, but we have had numerous lapses in ball handling. The rebs are a really good team who have played well all season; so we cannot give them easy points off turnovers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It all depends on how White has practiced them.
IMO, with Pinkins hired to train our "big men", right from the start every guy 6'8" should have been drilled & drilled in crashing the board and rim -- taught, taught, taught. By now we'd be a much better team. Close losses would be wins. All this shortfall rests on White's shoulders - the CEO HC who believes you can win ignoring the inside game.??

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'm surprised by the line as well. And the over/under is at 132.5

Given the 5 point line, that puts the winning score in the 68-69 point range.
I'd bet the under in every game we play the rest of the season until something changes

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 7-4 at the u der 16 timeout. Halfcourt offense has been awful, but offensive rebounds and a fast break has lead to some points

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Announcer points out UF's points in the paint are gotten in unconventional ways. He's reacting to Nembhard taking a pass near the rim and scoring. What a joke.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is down 10-9 at the under 12 timeout. Awful 4 min. Multiple turnovers and big men taking jumpers

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am actually listening to the TV announcers tonight because it’s Mark Wise doing the color. He is a very good announcer. I knew that the Gators network would be lucky to hold on to him. Hump is good on the radio too. If only the team was good

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We just shot the ball in 5 seconds...3 straight times. Allb3 quick shots went in. 2 3pters and a left handed runner from Allen. We really have to speed up to play well offensively imo

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So far we have managed to drag Ole Miss down to our level. I am not sure we can keep it going

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I am actually listening to the TV announcers tonight because it’s Mark Wise doing the color. He is a very good announcer. I knew that the Gators network would be lucky to hold on to him. Hump is good on the radio too. If only the team was good
Love Hump the 1 game I listened to, I'm hoping he gets into TV eventually

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.