Gator Basketball UF beats Ole Miss 90-86 in OT

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins 90-86. Locke, Keyontae, Allen, and in the end Nembhard carried us. Really played amazingly intense in OT. The crowd was rocking as well. Finally hit some FTs as well

It was good to see Andrew knock down a couple of clutch free throws for us late . I’ve been hard on him because I think he can become a really good player and in time make a fine living at the next level. Andrew had a couple of miscues especially that last inbounds pass late , but was a key to this win as well.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Going into last week I was thinking we could take 4 of the next six if we beat TCU . Saturday just became that much bigger because I think we can handle the war chickens on the road next week.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HUGE WIN over a top 40 team. Ole Miss has been ranked most of the year so great job Gators. White really mixed up the offense surprisingly by having them work the ball inside out. It really showed with Hayes and KJ combining for 26 points, 14 rebounds, and 4 assists. Allen continues his HUGE senior season with 21 points and 5 assists. His 3 near the end of regulation was all net. Locke with 22 points and 6 3s made to continue his stellar freshman season. He will be great for years to come at UF. Nembhard with 12 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 steals and 2 HUGE fts to ice the game in OT. Great Win for our Gators and 90 points for this team??!! Wow! Go Gators!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Anybody think White can repeat this game?
Gonna have to. We went inside a lot more and still had open 3pters we hit. 2nd half and OT was much better, but with Keyontae on the bench we are awful. Way too small then. UK and their size could be a huge problem for us unless we play out of our minds

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Allen and the frosh to the rescue. The Youngs guns are growing up fast, which will be great for next year. Go Gators, just keep winning anyway you can.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good win for the resume in the long run and kudos to taking advantage of horrendous game management by the Ole Piss coach. No excuses b/c you can't control what the other coach does, but thanx to Davis's decision NOT to commit a common foul at the end of regulation, Ole Miss missed a 90+ % chance to win the game. Ole Piss had 3 or more seconds to commit that foul on the floor and chose not to and UF made them pay. What should have been an Ole Piss victory was denied by their own coach and also by a big shot to tie the game. UF took Uncle Mo into OT and basically stole one at home, a much needed win.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So many games like this we've had this season ... and we've lost them all. So, does this prove anything? Did White show any coaching awareness that he can teach with going forward?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It was good to see Andrew knock down a couple of clutch free throws for us late . I’ve been hard on him because I think he can become a really good player and in time make a fine living at the next level. Andrew had a couple of miscues especially that last inbounds pass late , but was a key to this win as well.

Yep, I too have said that the PG must hit late FTs and Nembhard did tonight. That was a real step in the right direction.

Now if Allen can see anytime the offense goes stagnent he need to take his guy one on one and either hit a shot or force the opposition to double so others can be open, such games may not need to go down to the wire/OT. Allen can make this offense work, but has to assert himself.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So many games like this we've had this season ... and we've lost them all. So, does this prove anything? Did White show any coaching awareness that he can teach with going forward?
It's about the players. We have a young team and they play like a young team. They are improving; the frosh are growing up. But, in the final analysis, we still look like a NIT team.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The general trend was get up by 10 at the half, lose by ten at the finish. We're making some progress I guess. I haven't been watching.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We still have UK, @AU, @Tenn, @Bama, @LSU, @Vandy, LSU, and @UK so that is another 8 losses added to this season. So we most likely go 3-11 to finish the season and end up 15-16 and probably lose in the first round of the SECT to finish up the season 15-17 and no postseason at all for this team. They don't deserve it anyways so oh well. Its all about getting our younger guys some experience in the league. Next season we should be better with top talent coming in. Just wonder who we are in line to get recruiting wise for the 2020 class. Will it be another top 5 class of talent? We shall see...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The young players we have White could have blended with the seniors to create a here and now better well balance team. They just don't apply basic aggression targeting the basket. These guys have not been driven to play up to any basic standard of inside-out balance. All that is missing ... been missing ... gonna stay missing?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A 10+ page loss thread is missing tonight no doubt...

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Good win for the resume in the long run and kudos to taking advantage of horrendous game management by the Ole Piss coach. No excuses b/c you can't control what the other coach does, but thanx to Davis's decision NOT to commit a common foul at the end of regulation, Ole Miss missed a 90+ % chance to win the game. Ole Piss had 3 or more seconds to commit that foul on the floor and chose not to and UF made them pay. What should have been an Ole Piss victory was denied by their own coach and also by a big shot to tie the game. UF took Uncle Mo into OT and basically stole one at home, a much needed win.

That’s the glass half empty version. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator