UF Bowl Projections

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if we happen to win tonight I think the gators could end up in the Sugar Bowl. If not I've seen more than a few projections of a UF vs Michigan Citrus Bowl which seems like a matchmakers dream with the storylines.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's the two bowls I've read everywhere. Not bad either way for Mac's first year. Honestly, I didn't know if we'd even be bowl eligible when the season started.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If we win today, we'll definitely be in the Sugar Bowl. So everyone go to the Citrus Bowl website and buy your tickets. :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't wanna see Michigan

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pure horse **** that we get screwed out of the Sugar Bowl even though we beat Old Piss head-to-head, and didn't lose to Memphis.

(oh, and as you can tell, I unloaded my four tix for today and made some coin, my damned work schedule was just too tight)

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Pure horse **** that we get screwed out of the Sugar Bowl even though we beat Old Piss head-to-head, and didn't lose to Memphis.

(oh, and as you can tell, I unloaded my four tix for today and made some coin, my damned work schedule was just too tight)

I too think we should be going to the Sugar. Loser of the SEC game generally goes there in the BCS era.
As you point out, we have the better record, head to head, etc...

It is unjust, imo. -but we fail the eye test big time.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I too think we should be going to the Sugar. Loser of the SEC game generally goes there in the BCS era.
But as you point out, we have the better record, head to head, etc...

It is unjust, imo. -but we fail the eye test big time.

Yep. All about eye test, selling tix, and tv ratings. Although our defense would quickly show what a farce Baylor is.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. All about eye test, selling tix, and tv ratings. Although our defense would quickly show what a farce Baylor is.

Baylor would beat us by three scores. They are head and shoulders better than fsucks. Take off the o and b glasses. We can't score on FAU bro. If we went to the Sugar our program would be embarrased. Be glad we won the east.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Glad we won the East ... wasn't our season over with once Mac had no one to
back up Treon ? However, doesn't FAU have more state of Florida athletes than Baylor ?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Baylor would beat us by three scores. They are head and shoulders better than fsucks. Take off the o and b glasses. We can't score on FAU bro. If we went to the Sugar our program would be embarrased. Be glad we won the east.
Everyone said the same thing about Michigan State last year and that turned out ok for them against Baylor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we will get lucky and get passed over for the CiTrUs Bowl. I don't like it. Never have. It smells like Voles and shame in that stadium.

I'd much rather play in the Gator Bowl or Outback Bowl. Even the Peach if the Sugar isn't bound to take an SEC team. (I don't remember the rules.)

Baylor vs our safeties would be a massacre.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unless we get matched up with a 7-6 type team, we'll probably lose our 4th game in whatever bowl we end up in.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Nav hits it on the head. Why the heck would we want a major bowl? So we can get bent over on national tv again for the 3rd time in a row? No thanks, give me a mediocre bowl where we actually can do something on offense and arent run out of the stadium again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nav hits it on the head. Why the heck would we want a major bowl? So we can get bent over on national tv again for the 3rd time in a row? No thanks, give me a mediocre bowl where we actually can do something on offense and arent run out of the stadium again.
I agree. QBs aren't the only ones who can get shattered mentally. The OL is in danger also.

We also can't have the defense giving up. Once they give up on a coach, they never return IMO.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If somehow beat Bama, I'm headed to NOLA for New Years. Other than that, I hope it's in central Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.