UF DB Coach Warren hired away by UGA

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Are you even slightly surprised by this?

Did we think things had actually changed in the athletic director's office?

At this point it's so thoroughly ingrained in the athletic department's very being that we should probably be called the Florida Cheapers.

Lol I’m hoping the further we get after Foley’s “retirement,” the more things change. I feel like Stricklin will pony up.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lol I’m hoping the further we get after Foley’s “retirement,” the more things change. I feel like Stricklin will pony up.
Fooleyites still fill every seat in the house except Stricklin's.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Fooleyites still fill every seat in the house except Stricklin's.

Well if I remember correctly, Mullen and Foley & co. didn’t see eye to eye. Strick still brought him in regardless. Hopefully he realizes he’s gotta do what’s best, not what’s cheapest.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
A few observations from far, far away:

1. Kirby Slime is a skank who will eventually choke on his own bile. This looks bad, timing wise, because it is. IMO, KS has character issues that will only become more apparent as time goes by, and he will be destroyed by them.

2. Losing coaches doesn't mean DM is failing in some existential fashion. It means that he accomplished enough in one season to draw attention to the quality of his staff. Warren can, and will be replaced by a quality coach, and hopefully, a higher character individual. If he "colluded" with KS to influence Elam's decision in an inappropriate way, he's just as big a douche as Kirby and we are well rid of him.

3. Boy, what will it take to get some of the posters on this board to lighten the hell up on the Mullen bashing? Some of you guys have been pissing and moaning about the need for new blood and what a crappy staff DM assembled since day one. And when the worst recruiter on the staff goes to Bama, and a another guy, who can be easily replaced, decides to stab UF in the back at the worst possible time, it's a bad reflection on DM, instead of the shytt wad that did the knifing. Get a phukking clue people. Not everything is as easy as it looks, starting with managing other human beings. I can't help but wonder if the hyper critical geniuses on this board apply the same standards and expectations to themselves that they apply to DM. Somehow I doubt it.

HOF post.

GatorMan5K

Gatorologist
Lifetime Member
Oct 9, 2014
Umm wasn't there a call for Mullen to change staff for better recruiters, now it happening, an it's meltdown time? Good God welcome to GCMB.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

Not only is that post at least somewhat incoherent, it's utter and complete drivel as well. I never heard anyone say we didn't have the talent to beat Mizzou and KY. We were outplayed, and outcoached, and we lost - plain and simple. Has the lingering stench from the previous regime and the weak-ass team culture that DM inherited raised it's ugly head for the last time? I certainly hope so, and time will surly tell.

But this silly absolutist nonsense about anything less than perfection being acceptable, in the immediate wake of disaster, is ridiculous. And if Warren did in fact do what he appears to have done, then phukkem. And while you're telling all these "truths" that nobody wants to hear, tell us about your obvious admiration for Kirby and your equally obvious distain for the coach who has brought new hope and vigor to a comatose program.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Thanks, I meant every word of it.

Amen, brother. We have a handful of folks who are mesmerized by Kirby Bangs. Meanwhile Athens is burning. That program is imploding. He will never be more than Richt 2.0. He will continue to do less with more until he no longer has more.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Am I the only one who is not disappointed with these defections? I thought our defensive tackle play was average at best for most of the season and we had some good play at DE, but those were out better players. Don't think replacing Sunseri will be difficult. Our CB's seemed to play with poor technique which continued into late in the season. Watching a guy like Dean not improve his technique was disappointing b/c he got to play a lot. I don;t view these coaching losses as monumental at all in terms of player development.
It's not them leaving but the timing.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

You don't make shytt up to fit your narrative? Ha! That's a real knee slapper! And now you're splitting hairs yet again on what is obviously a subjective opinion. Clearly, we don't see eye to eye on much of anything and I'm content with that. Apparently, based on the responses to our respective points of view, you don't agree with much of anything or anybody, and not many on the board seem to agree with you. By the way, do you actually think that the recruiting breakdown at safety is as important as the one on the interior DL? I'm not trying to insult or antagonize you at this point, I'd just really like to know how you see that and why?

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
This bush league move by Smart and the Sunseri move taken together should tell you one thing: Bama and UGA are scared of what Mullen is building at UF and are trying to interfere. Period, end of discussion.

And they have good reason to be scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb