UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This guy always talks a huge game, every coach, and then ....
Martin Scorsese Movie GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Probably die very young.

The last time I checked the roster, they didn't even bother having the interns post fake weights on it.

You'd think with like 12 S&C coaches, someone would be weighing the players and have a semi accurate number though.
While we do in fact have 12, no one counts, so usually there are only 11 working at a time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We were crazy young last year. So I expect a quantum leap in on field performance.

I think my biggest issue with Napier is that, even though we were that young, we should’ve never had back to back losing seasons. Not with the talent that we get at Florida.

Can we overcome that? We’ll see. I think we have the roster to do it. But his game day acumen has been less than desirable.

I want him to succeed. I really don’t want us to go through another coaching search. It’ll bring our program back even further.
I think another year of him coaching sets us back further. I don't think his tendencies will change. It dates back through his career as an oc and even at ULL.
Until he adapts a more aggressive/attacking mindset, he'll always be in tight games and his teams will play down to the level of competition.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think another year of him coaching sets us back further. I don't think his tendencies will change. It dates back through his career as an oc and even at ULL.
Until he adapts a more aggressive/attacking mindset, he'll always be in tight games and his teams will play down to the level of competition.
His style is literally who he is at the core. It's in everything, his mannerisms, the way he speaks, his approach to any process or anything. Slow, plodding, low emotion, we're gonna try real hard, let's not rush things, boring ass approach. Ppl don't change their core. Every second he's in charge makes the program worse.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was a lot more adult talk around here when you were in the desert. Perhaps you'd like to go back.
What makes you think that was about you? However you are one of my favorite nerds.

BTW you know I envy that 3d printer. I just don't know that I have the brain space to add more skills. I was dorking around with my son's small single board computer last night and realize I have less ram than it does.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His style is literally who he is at the core. It's in everything, his mannerisms, the way he speaks, his approach to any process or anything. Slow, plodding, low emotion, we're gonna try real hard, let's not rush things, boring ass approach. Ppl don't change their core. Every second he's in charge makes the program worse.

Whatever happened to that “Scared money don’t make money “ bull**** he was spewing upon arrival?
I guess he scares pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator