UF equipment truck catches on fire

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh shyt.

Imagine trying to get the AD's office to write new checks with Fooley still in the building.

We may just forfeit the rest of the season to save money.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Probably some butthurt POS from Starkville. They've got their Pedophile Defender HC that they are stuck with. F em.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Uh, so I'm assuming this is foul play? I find it hard to believe there was something inside the truck that combusted.....unless they keep some Android phones on board.

Tn-Gator2688

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2016
The tire blew out from what I heard and then caused sparks engaging in the fire.. Still could be foul play from butt hurt starkvegas trash

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Let's hope we have backup equipment. Unis won't be an issue but other things could be.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Glad no one was hurt and no forest fires (like the one in Cali) were started. But boy, do strange things happen when we play in Starkville or what?

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Could have been a seized brake that caused the blow out.

A blown tire, and the resulting damage to rim, will normally NOT create that amount of heat.

However, a seized rotor will.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Most likely air operated drum brakes... All it takes is a malfunction in brake diaphragm to cause a near or total lockup of that brake, Now add a oil seal leak because it's overheated.

Really surprised damage was kept to a minimum

edit: Yes a blown tire on a semi trailer can catch fire, Just think of the weight on it.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The tire blew out from what I heard and then caused sparks engaging in the fire.. Still could be foul play from butt hurt starkvegas trash

I was going to guess brakes over heated. One might think that they would notice a blown tire and stop right away?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im guessing the sycnhopatic rotator on the left side was not lubricated correctly causing the glodden rods to over heat and begin melting the dynamomotors. Which in turn ignited the floor of the trailer causing the ensuing fire. Or maybe , just maybe, it has something to do with chomper. Nothing much hotter than that related to the game. Bringing the heat to the gator trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator