UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
In his defense 90% of rappers/hip hop shyt heads sound like that live. Just a bunch of mumbling and made up words. I thought the bowl cut was taller than that, he looks about 5'6'' sashaying around up there.

Can confirm he’s a short and tubby guy. Was on a flight with him from Dallas in 2017.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Another site said Sapp should be on his way this week, if all goes well.

Any word on Blades?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I begrudgingly watched the Oklahoma game this weekend just trying to get a feel for some of the players since we didn’t have a spring game. At about 12:30 in the 2nd qtr Emory comes in. I encourage you to go watch that drive. And consider that was with very little, if any, game planning. That was extremely impressive. That was after 3 Trask picks. With no momentum. We actually forced a fumble on their next drive then Mullen inexplicably brings Trask back into the game and the rest is history.

My point is that I think we have the makings of a very efficient offense. Emory has a really good arm. I’m looking forward to see how the offense progresses throughout fall camp. But I’m feeling more bullish on the Gators this year than I was before seeing that. Fraziars looked pretty good. So did the TE group. The RBs were decent in pass catching but still couldn’t generate much on the ground. If everyone put in the work they will be scary.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Ole Renard. Rewatches Oklahoma and feels good about the future.

He is correct though, Mullinz scoring 20 while Grantham gives up 30-50s is probably what we should expect versus teams with a pulse this year.

But if we somehow win one of the four or five games, you'll still see that silver lining won't you, @Renard904?

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Well Bama’s not concerned about any team I’d imagine.
Are you saying that beating Bama is the benchmark now?

Cant win anything that matters without it. As we have seen, being lucky enough to win the east doesnt mean squat. We always lose the important ones.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Good Ole Renard. Rewatches Oklahoma and feels good about the future.

He is correct though, Mullinz scoring 20 while Grantham gives up 30-50s is probably what we should expect versus teams with a pulse this year.

But if we somehow win one of the four or five games, you'll still see that silver lining won't you, @Renard904?
Yeah donkey, I’d be thrilled with losing 4 games!

I believe we’ll be better than expected. You don’t. That’s fine. I’m not a social media baby. I don’t post with the hope of getting approval. I know how the majority of this board feels about the team. I post to provide a different perspective on things. Not bragging, but I have a pretty good feel for football. Like with most things, I’ll say it first then by season’s end we’ll hear others saying the same thing. Go pull past receipts if you like.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Cant win anything that matters without it. As we have seen, being lucky enough to win the east doesnt mean squat. We always lose the important ones.
I agree. We aren’t winning anything of importance without beating Bama or their equivalent.

But you’re kind of moving the goal post. There’s 129 other teams trying to dethrone Alabama as well. They’re in a class of their own.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well Bama’s not concerned about any team I’d imagine.
Are you saying that beating Bama is the benchmark now?

Pumpers can't keep hanging that fuching 'almost beat Bama' banner without those expectations carrying over to the next season. So...YES...it is the benchmark!

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Pumpers can't keep hanging that fuching 'almost beat Bama' banner without those expectations carrying over to the next season. So...YES...it is the benchmark!
I get so confused around here sometimes.

So the greatest dynasty in college football history is the benchmark?

I get trying to prove a point and all, but come on! You don’t need me to tell you that that is ridiculous. There’s not another team in the country on that level. But it’s our benchmark?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect that we will lose 2 to 3 games. Which will put us just outside the playoffs
I think we win the east again.

Don’t pay any attention to donkey. He didn’t think Trask would be worth a crap. He doesn’t think Emory will be either.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree. We aren’t winning anything of importance without beating Bama or their equivalent.

But you’re kind of moving the goal post. There’s 129 other teams trying to dethrone Alabama as well. They’re in a class of their own.

So we should just accept that we and 129 others just cant measure up but we tried our best? This sorry ass staff couldnt hold a candle to real recruiting and we will be stuck losing 3-4 games a year from now on until they decide to can his ass. We will never compete with Bama as long as dip**** is in charge.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So we should just accept that we and 129 others just cant measure up but we tried our best? This sorry ass staff couldnt hold a candle to real recruiting and we will be stuck losing 3-4 games a year from now on until they decide to can his ass. We will never compete with Bama as long as dip**** is in charge.
We’ll never compete with Bama until Saban is gone. Nor will anyone else on a consistent basis. That’s his entire point and it’s spot on.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We’ll never compete with Bama until Saban is gone. Nor will anyone else on a consistent basis. That’s his entire point and it’s spot on.

We should just cower down and accept defeat. Nobody will ever measure up to saint nick. Why even play the game? We are automatic losers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

I get trying to prove a point and all, but come on! You don’t need me to tell you that that is ridiculous. There’s not another team in the country on that level. But it’s our benchmark?

We only lost by 6 points last season. This is Dan Mullen's 4th season. They are replacing just as much on offense as we are. In fact, going into this season our signal caller has significant more experience than their signal caller. Our defense can't be any worse. And, as I said before to make a point but also remake that point, we almost beat them last year in the SEC. Why the fuchs shouldn't it be our benchmark?

There are no more excuses for Dan Mullen. Facilities are being built and tangible for recruits to see. Its the 4th year of the program he created and its time for him to starting succeeding. He won the east last season.

I really get sick and tired of how people pump all the positives that Mullen has done thus far and excuses the negatives. Standards are standards and right now Bama is the standard. We won the east last season and the next step is the SEC. If anyone is saying that shouldn't be our benchmark then please tell me why that is. And then when you explain why that is please explain what Mullen hasn't done yet so that is THE realistic standard in his 4th year.

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Listen carefully.

We are the University of Fcuking Florida. Our benchmark is to be in the national championship conversation every single year.

Every. Single. Year.

I didn't say win it every year. I didn't say go undefeated every year. I didn't say beat 'Bama every year. But we should beat them regularly. Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, aTm, all beat 'Bama sometimes, even when 'Bama is very good.

We should consistently recruit in the top 5 and never fall below top 10.

We should always have an exciting, high-scoring offense and an intimidating, fast defense.

We should always be preseason top 10. We are allowed to have an off season once every 7 years but it should be an aberration and a a surprise, never expected. And an "off" season means 3 or at the most 4 regular season losses, never more, no matter how many injuries we have that season. Never go worse than 8-4 in the regular season. Never lose to an unranked team.

We should finish the post-season ranked in the top 5 most years but no lower than top 10 except for that once every 7 years hiccup.

We should be the default East pick every year. The preseason question should always be whether some other East team will be able to challenge Florida.

When other teams see Florida on their schedule, they should pencil in the loss or imagine some crazy argument for why they might be able to keep it close late and hope for some good luck.

We should be in Atlanta at least 2 out of every 3 years. That's the goal EVERY year. That isn't a "good" season for us. That's the bare minimum we expect. 9-3 is a "bad" regular season for us and not acceptable. 3 regular season losses at Florida puts your ass on a very hot seat. 4 losses should get you fired.

We should win the SEC at least 1 out of every 3 years. That's a "good" season for us.

We should win the National Championship 1 out of every 5 years. That's a "great" season for us.

That's the standard for us. That's the benchmark.

Can we do that? Of course we can. All we need is a commitment to football--build the facilities, recruit the kids, coach them up, fill the stands. We have all the advantages we need. I'm not being delusional here. We have the talent around us, and we play in the right league. The only reason we aren't at this level is because of incompetent leadership.

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb