Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone hired the POS yet?
as far as I can tell there aren't any division 3 schools that are interested

2222 is it going to like this. He said the offense was great and their receivers were open everywhere

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Has anyone from the fustercluck of Macs regime been hired (other than the few coaches retained)?

I heard Nord was testing toys for ages 8 and above to see if a 6 year old can handle it.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Give the guy a little credit, he killed the offenses of two major programs in short order.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nord and Nuss may be the worst two football coaches of all time at any level....and we had them both at the same time. What are the odds?

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Has anyone from the fustercluck of Macs regime been hired (other than the few coaches retained)?

I heard Nord was testing toys for ages 8 and above to see if a 6 year old can handle it.
You know how many times I applied for that job?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nord and Nuss may be the worst two football coaches of all time at any level....and we had them both at the same time.
we didn't just hire those cawksuckers, we gave them gigantic raises after seeing their "work".

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Roper probably does have more 3000 yard passers under his. Belt but I'm not going to get in a pissing match about it. These guys are familiar with each other and that's what's important

The 2 years nuss was there bama aired the ball out quite a bit; more than they do now actually. I think this will be solid.

It will be Mac's damn offense folks. Jeeeesh

Evidently Mac took Nussmeier with him to multiple gigs so he must be the man Mac wanted. As someone previously pointed out, Bama set all-time offensive records under Nuss

So blame Muschamp for handcuffing our OCs, but assume Hoke wasn't dictating anything Nuss did there? :crazy:

The more I read about our new coaches the better I feel about the future.

No one's been able to succeed at Michigan lately, but Rich Rod was able to be fine after them. And he had some balanced teams when he played with Bama and of course coach Mac will have a say on the offense. I think you guys need to relax a bit

But seriously as long as he knows how to develop players and recruit it's a good hire. We're gonna run Mac's offense not Dougie Freshmier's.

The appealing part of this hire is how familiar him and mclwain are. He's a career qb coach that should be able to do what mclwain wants to a t. That's one thing we've lacked on the offensive side of the coaching staff is cohesiveness. If he can recruit we should be fine.

We've now got two dudes who know offense, a huge change from the last 4 years.

This is a good point and it's why i wanted an offensive minded coach. Have two qb coaches is going to be huge for us
------------------------------------------------------------
"Not liking these hires at all. A DC who has had poor defenses 3 out of the last 4 years and now this. I wonder if Foley penny pinching is causing this. I have a feeling when we see the salaries for next season our DC and OC will be nowhere in the ballpark of the better paid ones in the SEC."

"I just cant get over how bad Michigan was on offense and how their QB regressed under him. He comes off to me as someone who will only look good as an OC when his players are clearly superior to yours. Even Saban thought he was too conservative supposedly. At Bama they just rammed it down people's throats and had wide open play action passes mostly when he was there. Hopefully McElwain is 100% hands on with our offense and really dictates the play calling."
-------------------------------------------------------------

:lol: Comedy gold looking back at the stuff now. A couple of my comments above. One of the few times I didn't try to find a reason to rationalize the new coordinator hire but I was naive and thought Mac could actually run an offense in the SEC when he didn't have much better talent like at Bama.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Nord and Nuss will be the new characters on South Park competing with Terrance and Phillip for the title of most insufferable.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nord and Nuss may be the worst two football coaches of all time at any level....and we had them both at the same time. What are the odds?

And gave both raises and extensions. Unbelievable. This is one of three reasons I will be skeptical of our new AD.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It deserves no props. If Ugly had made this hire and we werent all blinded by O&B goggles, we all would have seen it and laughed.

Well you DID call the shot.

ddf503441a09ec94c62e69143c2b0f44.jpg

20e8b06ed813e0e433c68f4f5e39b4da.jpg

Interesting to see the banter back then. I’m not sure I had switched over from GSMB yet (I’ll look and confess if I’m mistaken.)

The way we collectively posted then reflects as much about our dispositions as it does the circumstances. I’m generally hopeful so I’ll tend toward “give him a chance”.

And I think I saw a post from ‘78 in there that said “Screw Mullen”.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Update: I joined GC in August of 2015, so any kindness I showed towards Mac or Nuss is safely buried under one GSMB crash or another.

And Ox, this is SO much better without the CaneThing, Alvin, Doctor, Lawrence and other trolls. I think it was Zambo that posted the recommendation for Gatorchatter that got me here.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So my last memory of the NussNuts HorseShyt Show (must call out Butters b/c it was really him) was listening to Brady Ackerman on the radio tell what 8 listeners he had daily what a great coach and offensive mind NussNuts was while he was still on the staff. Brady went on to remind everyone that NussNuts was offered the HC gig at So. Miss. and that NussNuts turned it down to stay at UF with Butters b/c NussNuts thought that the So. Miss job was not a good fit. Well last I checked Brady was working as an internal analyst at where Central Mississippi Arkansas West Little Rock Jackson State and NussNuts is what, unemployed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb