Recruiting UF lands DE transfer from WVU

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Do we really know anything or is this a case of UF beat writers not being plugged into the right source.

1. You can not be a graduate transfer until you graduate.

2. You can not be a UF student until you enroll at UF.

3. UF is unlikely to issue a jersey number to a student at UWVa.

4. He does have two years left so perhaps he is graduating in at the end of summer, i.e. later this month.

5. Graduate transfers have to enroll in a a graduate program and take graduate classes, perhaps his graduate program does not offer any summer classes?

6. UF is unlikely to issue a jersey number to a recent UWVa grad who is not YET a UF graduate student.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
This says more about the kid than UF. He completely ghosted and hasn't reported to any camps.

He's probably nuttier than a fruitcake and quit on football.

Besides, we didn't want him anyway.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see a trend here....... Maybe I'm just not negative enough.... :dunno:

He wasn't on the team before and he's not on the team now....

See ledge, jump off ledge...

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If he does not show up, there is nothing to discuss, if he does competition will determine how much impact he might have. As a friend might say Simple!!!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do we really know anything or is this a case of UF beat writers not being plugged into the right source.

1. You can not be a graduate transfer until you graduate.

2. You can not be a UF student until you enroll at UF.

3. UF is unlikely to issue a jersey number to a student at UWVa.

4. He does have two years left so perhaps he is graduating in at the end of summer, i.e. later this month.

5. Graduate transfers have to enroll in a a graduate program and take graduate classes, perhaps his graduate program does not offer any summer classes?

6. UF is unlikely to issue a jersey number to a recent UWVa grad who is not YET a UF graduate student.
dafuq is UWVa?

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Of course, after all, every sport is equal in the minds of academics. Where the money comes from to support everything is irrelevant.

Sorry to break this to you Dude, "Hating on the other UF sports will not change our football fortunes. "

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dafuq is UWVa?
wvu_cv1.png

Just more Institardese

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bowden coached there. No reason to root for them or give two ****s about any of them.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Is that Cousin Eddie?

I recognize the dumpster fire in the background as our football program.

Cousin Eddy? More like yo Momma. I mean this in the absolute, most positive, complimentary and friendly way possible - but you are a huge ninny. And being one myself, I know one when I see one. For the sake of argument, let's say you're right and DM fails to polish the turd he inherited into something resembling a CF team. Several months of sturm und drang, before the first snap ever takes place, will only serve to render your mid-season pissing and moaning, about everything imaginable, completely moot. Save some material for when you can eviscerate him with maximum flair and dramatic effect. It will be much more entertaining that way.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Sorry to break this to you Dude, "Hating on the other UF sports will not change our football fortunes. "
I'm not hating on other UF sports, I'm really not. They're all fine programs and I always wish them well. However, my understanding is that none of them except maybe basketball support themselves. They all need the money generated by the football program to survive and combined, they don't bring half the notoriety or fan support to the University that football does. Based on that, from my perspective football should always come first. I'm frustrated because it seems to me we've lost sight of that. If that frustration comes across as hating other UF sports, so be it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No one is really hating on other sports. We are hating on our Slumlord Athletic Dept who wont fund football, with the 120-140 million that football makes.

Of course I like hearing win stuff, but I dont want hear it as an excuse or a counterbalance for destroying the football program.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Save some material for when you can eviscerate him with maximum flair and dramatic effect. .
Not likely to be around then. I finally managed to start turning it off under Chimp in 2014. It is easy to do now.

Also I dont much care about this season.

This recruiting class is incredibly important though, bc if we are ever going to make upbthe gap, we need three or four great recruiting classes to catch up.

Very little reason to think Cousin Eddy survives if this class sucks though. This class essentially determines what the team is like two years from now bc God knows we cant survive on the garbage Butters left him.

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Not likely to be around then. I finally managed to start turning it off under Chimp in 2014. It is easy to do now.

Also I dont much care about this season.

This recruiting class is incredibly important though, bc if we are ever going to make upbthe gap, we need three or four great recruiting classes to catch up.

Very little reason to think Cousin Eddy survives if this class sucks though. This class essentially determines what the team is like two years from now bc God knows we cant survive on the garbage Butters landed

I agree that a solid to really good recruiting season may go a long way in telling the long term story. But I do think this season is absolutely pivotal in terms of what it says about DM's abilities as a coach, and hence as a recruiter. After nearly a decade of misery, the top-tier recruits have zero reason to get excited about UF - until they are given some reason to. The "slum lord" analogy is apt and we must win games to begin the process of clearing away the rubble. We also must look reasonably good doing it if we ever hope to escape skid row. I'm not blindly optimistic, but I do not think we are doomed to failure at this point. Hope springs eternal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Chicken and egg problem.

Weve seen Mullinz w mehhh talent, and it is 31-39 in the SEC. He dominated UK and no one else, not Fat Pig, not that new idiot at Ole Miss or Freeze w probation looming.

Expecting him to do something with this roster isnt realistic given his history. He isnt going to coach his way out of this.

He damn sure better hire some great recruiters and try to recruit his way out of this mess, because he simply isnt that kind of recruiter without getting help, probably lots of help.

Last edited:

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Chicken and egg problem.

Weve seen Mullinz w mehhh talent, and his is 31-39 in the SEC. Dominated UK and no one else.

Expecting him to do something with this roster isnt realistic given his history. He isnt going to coach his way out of this.

Like you’ve said many times this years record isn’t all that important mainly due to the fact that Butters literally left nothing except some solid running backs and a couple of other solid players. I was impressed by Mullen’s transition class although I feel like having Seider definitely played a big role in the recruiting and now without him we do not have a single elite recruiter on staff and you can definitely tell the decision to let him go is going to come back to bite Mullen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.