Recruiting UF lands DE transfer from WVU

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I see one as a C- to D+ and the other as an F.

Both were far worse than Zook's last OC.
Outlandish, even for you. Mullen has proven he can run a plus offense and has the ability to program build. The biggest concern is consistency and recruiting, the former is yet to be seen and the latter is in significant need of rehabilitation.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
There are misleading stats and then there’s this garbage. The 2008 offense was frequently set up with a short field either via turnover or special teams blocks/returns. That plus the starters were rarely in past the midway point of the 3rd quarter because we were curb stomping everyone. I honestly think that’s part of the reason Tebow didn’t win the Heisman that year, as well. We didn’t leave him in through the 4th quarter against patsies and let him rack up stats like OU did with Bradford.

The 2009 offense broke 30 points in an SEC game exactly one time, and padded their stats against cupcakes like Charleston Southern, Troy, and FSU. The only truly great game the 2009 offense had was the Sugar Bowl.

Percy made a difference, but we also didn’t have him against Bama in ‘08 and we still played a pretty damn good offensive game against them.

Wow did you read my complete post? As I suggested, I don't believe UF's offense got better when Mullen left though statistically is was Meyer's best year. Nor do I believe SINCE FACTUALLY IT IS FALSE that UF's offense got worse the second Mullen left as was the claim I was responding to. I think UF's offense was fine until Meyer bailed in spirit on the program. I have no doubt under a normal Meyer who was all in, Daz would have been fine OR GONE quickly and UF's offense would have been fine..

BTW speaking of FACTUALLY false: UF 41 UK 7, UF 41 UGa 17 or in your factually challenged world does scoring 41 points not equal breaking 30 points.

https://floridagators.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=100

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The offense got worse the second that Mullen left. The playcalling under Daz was difficult to watch.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Statisticians say figures never lie. But that was before breast implants. Mighty big boobs around here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It did get worse by a lot when Mullen left in reality but it was due to other things mostly I would say and not Mullen leaving after 08.

It has been broken down a few times here that 09 offense didn't compare to 07 and 08 when just the SEC teams were included. The total offense crap was just due to destroying the weak teams on our schedule in 09.

Our eyes didn't fool us in 09 as that offense struggled against the tougher SEC part of our schedule and was notorious for bogging down in the red zone area in those games.

This. As I've said before, you must have posted this a hundred times between 2009 and 2010, and it's still dead on. The OOC games (Coastal Carolina, I believe) plus new HC at ut, plus down year for uga, fsu, etc. helped us a ton that season. Tebow's concussion certainly didn't help. But we were a shell of our former offense, and found ourselves in several tighter than expected contests, almost solely because we couldn't move the ball effectively.

And just to be clear, none of this means that Mullen is destined do win big here, or constitutes an admission that he's some offensive genius that could never be replaced. It simply means that production dropped significantly when we lost him as OC, and there's a valid hope that it could return, at least to a degree. I don't know how anyone could've watched '07-'08 and then '09-'10 and reach a different conclusion.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This. As I've said before, you must have posted this a hundred times between 2009 and 2010, and it's still dead on. The OOC games (Coastal Carolina, I believe) plus new HC at ut, plus down year for uga, fsu, etc. helped us a ton that season. Tebow's concussion certainly didn't help. But we were a shell of our former offense, and found ourselves in several tighter than expected contests, almost solely because we couldn't move the ball effectively.

And just to be clear, none of this means that Mullen is destined do win big here, or constitutes an admission that he's some offensive genius that could never be replaced. It simply means that production dropped significantly when we lost him as OC, and there's a valid hope that it could return, at least to a degree. I don't know how anyone could've watched '07-'08 and then '09-'10 and reach a different conclusion.

steve-addazio-c71df7ec-a3ad-4446-987f-48395be092e-resize-750.jpeg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow did you read my complete post? As I suggested, I don't believe UF's offense got better when Mullen left though statistically is was Meyer's best year. Nor do I believe SINCE FACTUALLY IT IS FALSE that UF's offense got worse the second Mullen left as was the claim I was responding to. I think UF's offense was fine until Meyer bailed in spirit on the program. I have no doubt under a normal Meyer who was all in, Daz would have been fine OR GONE quickly and UF's offense would have been fine..

BTW speaking of FACTUALLY false: UF 41 UK 7, UF 41 UGa 17 or in your factually challenged world does scoring 41 points not equal breaking 30 points.

https://floridagators.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=100

I think he likely meant offensive points. In both those games, there were defensive/ST touchdowns, and several FGs that added to the total. Our offense scored 4 TDs against uga and Uk that year. We'd scored 7 and 8 TDs respectively against the same teams a year prior.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think he likely meant offensive points. In both those games, there were defensive/ST touchdowns, and several FGs that added to the total. Our offense scored 4 TDs against uga and Uk that year. We'd scored 7 and 8 TDs respectively against the same teams a year prior.

These things are so easy to look up that I don't understand why you guys persist in making yourselves look so bad. In 2009 UF:

1. Against UK, UF scored 41 points with 0 defensive TDs and 1 special teams TD.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2856&path=football

2. Against UGa, UF scored 41 points with 1 defensive TDs and 0 special teams TDs.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2860&path=football

Now if you want to continue to beclown yourself arguing that extra points and FGs including those after 60 and 67 yard drives are not offensive points, have at it. No one can protect you from yourself.

Additionally several poster have already claimed the 2008 team was often aided by short fields due to the defense.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, he meant Miles Davis' father.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With 2 threads, I'm at a loss = might he be coming or has he "no showed" thus turning UF down.
To say he has to wait until he's graduated can't be valid. You apply for several graduate schools before you graduate.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
These things are so easy to look up that I don't understand why you guys persist in making yourselves look so bad. In 2009 UF:

1. Against UK, UF scored 41 points with 0 defensive TDs and 1 special teams TD.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2856&path=football

2. Against UGa, UF scored 41 points with 1 defensive TDs and 0 special teams TDs.

https://floridagators.com/boxscore.aspx?id=2860&path=football

Now if you want to continue to beclown yourself arguing that extra points and FGs including those after 60 and 67 yard drives are not offensive points, have at it. No one can protect you from yourself.

Wow. That escalated quickly. Not sure why we'd need to go that route, but ok.

The mantra that several of us have stated is that Daz's offense was a considerable step down in terms of overall performance and had trouble finishing drives in the endzone, providing stats of 2 like opponents(uga and Uk) as support.

Your rebuttal is that the 2009 team's point totals should be included(still less), and that FG's that were kicked after stalled drives are just as good as the TD's the teams had scored a year prior.

Again, our offense scored 8 TDs against Uk in 2008, 4 in 2009. We scored 7 TD's against uga in 2008, 4 in 2009.

How am I making myself look bad again?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Your rebuttal is that the 2009 team's point totals should be included(still less), and that FG's that were kicked after stalled drives are just as good as the TD's the teams had scored a year prior.

How am I making myself look bad again?

Just beclown yourself over and over. There is hyperbole and then there is making yourself look bad. When you flat out lie about what someone said claiming their rebuttal includes "... that FG's that were kicked after stalled drives are just as good as the TD's the teams had scored a year prior." it is not surprising that you didn't quote them and yes you are once again beclowing yourself.

Just stop and go back to honest debate. It will make the site better and it may even make you feel better about yourself.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just beclown yourself over and over. There is hyperbole and then there is making yourself look bad. When you flat out lie about what someone said claiming their rebuttal includes "... that FG's that were kicked after stalled drives are just as good as the TD's the teams had scored a year prior." it is not surprising that you didn't quote them and yes you are once again beclowing yourself.

Just stop and go back to honest debate. It will make the site better and it may even make you feel better about yourself.

:bananaburn:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Your entire premise is flawed. Since we're going back, my initial post was to clarify that Sas likely meant we scored less than 30 points(offensively) in those games. I simply pointed out that there was a difference in those years. That's not debatable, and could've ended there with an "ok" response, or no response at all.

Instead, you choose to say I'm a clown because I don't think that the fact that we relied on Sturgis and defense much more in 2009, and still scored less due to--in part-- our offense's struggles to cash in.

Forgive me for my misquote. You are correct in saying that I put words in your mouth. Take that lone statement out, and there's not a single part of the above posts that is debatable. We scored less as an offense. We scored less as a team. We won less as a program. These are neither opinion, nor hyperbole or lies. They are facts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb