UF position breakdown: Receivers

News

Administrator
Jul 6, 2014
The good news for the receivers is that an offensive-minded head coach with a track record of putting up impressive numbers in the passing game has taken over.

More...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Latroy Pittman is one of our returning proven receivers? Proven at what?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255803 said:
Latroy Pittman is one of our returning proven receivers? Proven at what?

Robbie is just confused, as usual.

Robinson, Powell, Latroy Pittman and Ahmad Fulwood are the only proven producers in the group, and Robinson is the only returning player who had more than 15 receptions last season. So, the Gators basically enter the season with only one proven playmaker at wide receiver or tight end.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This article sucks as well

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255892 said:
Again, what has Pittman produced?

I think he must produce butter, because his hands always seem to be covered in it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255892 said:
He's proven deonte tompson ain't the only one who can't catch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n255892 said:

The quick answer is not much. I guess by "proven" they mean he's actually started, played in games, and by all indications does have 2 arms. Beyond that, nothing.

To be fair, I think LP is one who probably belongs in the "damaged goods" file as much or more than anyone. Commits to Meyer during UF's glory years, then gets WM and his colossal failure. Coaches always talk about kids buying into their system and the time it often takes for some of these kids to do so. Well this guys has been asked to do it 4 times now, all while enduring 4 of the worst seasons for UF in recent history. At some point, I think there's just a cynicism and jaded view of the whole thing. I won't assume that he and his work ethic have zero role in his performance. It may. But he's been dealt a brutal hand.

That said, I also think he's likely past the point of saving and we should be looking at other options like Powell, Calloway, etc. If he'd been revitalized in the Spring under the new staff, or should he have a monster Fall camp, then so be it. But as it stands, we may as well move on and accept things as they are.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
The question is will Powell actually be a weapon in this offense, or will he be the next Dunbar who "had an amazing camp" but disappears once the season starts.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Swamped Gator;n256279 said:
The question is will Powell actually be a weapon in this offense, or will he be the next Dunbar who "had an amazing camp" but disappears once the season starts.
I think Powell is well suited with good hands and definitely good moves after the catch, The biggest issue likely will be can he stay healthy taking big hits from LBs and safeties. Slot receiver tends to be on the receiving end of some of the more violent tackles in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator