UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Florida hadn't recruited many true strong-side defensive ends the last few years, instead building up a glut of rush ends that could split time between linebacker or rush end, with the outside shot at sliding to defensive end if they bulked up as they became upperclassmen.

"Princely has a lot of tools. He is a gifted young man," defensive line coach David Turner said. "He’s still got to understand the college game. It’s not high school, you can’t just run around and kind of freelance at your leisure. You’ve got things and responsibilities within the defense. Princely’s learning."

Spring ball could lead to second-year jump for Princely Umanmielen

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He runs the "read" option like Trey Burton. I think I said that before.

It probably doesn't matter. Just so long as Mullins can get the quarterback as the leading rusher again, he'll be happy.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Yep. They also said in there that Kitna does not know how to read pressure. So he’s nowhere near ready.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. They also said in there that Kitna does not know how to read pressure. So he’s nowhere near ready.
Kitna was a throwaway. Just a guy who would be happy at third string, having no better options elsewhere.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He runs the "read" option like Trey Burton. I think I said that before.

It probably doesn't matter. Just so long as Mullins can get the quarterback as the leading rusher again, he'll be happy.

yep. Good news is that it looks like Lingard is getting reps with 1st string. He’s the burner.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I’m over the Burney talk and tinkering with whatever his best position is. He isn’t physical and he sucks on coverage . He should be the third team will

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m over the Burney talk and tinkering with whatever his best position is. He isn’t physical and he sucks on coverage . He should be the third team will
He have three more clones of him. They too are going to be inside linebackers Im told

His position is strong safety or safety hybrid (real star not Grantham nickel corner star). He runs like a strong safety in coverage. We just dont play those.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He have three more clones of him. They too are going to be inside linebackers Im told

His position is strong safety or safety hybrid (real star not Grantham nickel corner star). He runs like a strong safety in coverage. We just dont play those.

Diwun is far more athletic than Burney , but you’re right that he’s not a plug and play . I’m not even sure if he’s ever played backer before . Kinda like Wingo

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Diwun is far more athletic than Burney , but you’re right that he’s not a plug and play . I’m not even sure if he’s ever played backer before . Kinda like Wingo
It would be so much easier just to fire Grantham but here we are, playing a defense that has no use for a Matt Elam or Tony Joiner even if we had one on the roster.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I remember watching Amari Burney too. And if you want me to find highlights of him getting worked by Brian Herrien or the backup from a Muschamp team I can show them to you . Bottom line coverage ain’t his thing and he isn’t someone you can trust inside on early downs . In today’s game he’s a dinosaur .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't brown have the arm talent of trey Burton? Are we really that worked up about taking a bad qb this year so we could take one next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.