UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not including last year, this is the first spring where I have seen very little of the players in action, but I'm very sure of what this team will look like in the fall.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Meh... having one hasn’t seemed to help in the past. At this point, Mullen is who he is when it comes to recruiting. He doesn’t take it seriously and it shows in his results. A spring game isn’t fixing that.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Mullen won’t ever be elite. That much we know. But I don’t expect him to get markedly worse. We’ll consistently fall between 10-15 in the recruiting rankings. Unless, of course, the product on the field bottoms out. If Mullen were Mac we could just sit back and wait for it all to come crashing down. However, I think the downside to Mullen is that he’ll always have us good enough to where we’ll perennially straddle the fence of mediocrity.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

FSU is out-recruiting us this class, bank on it. Already have two 5-stars committed and are making 10x the effort this staff is.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Meh... having one hasn’t seemed to help in the past. At this point, Mullen is who he is when it comes to recruiting. He doesn’t take it seriously and it shows in his results. A spring game isn’t fixing that.

Is it his call though? I know Stricklin killed the idea of attendance, but not sure why that would mean we couldn't at least have a game and have it on tv. I'm obviously out of the loop because I thought that was the plan all along. I had no ide we were just ending a practice one day and calling it a wrap. That's ridiculous.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is it his call though? I know Stricklin killed the idea of attendance, but not sure why that would mean we couldn't at least have a game and have it on tv. I'm obviously out of the loop because I thought that was the plan all along. I had no ide we were just ending a practice one day and calling it a wrap. That's ridiculous.

Didn't have to be in the loop to know there wasn't going to be a spring game, it was National News roughly a month ago.... I know some held out hope, but it was never going to happen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn't have to be in the loop to know there wasn't going to be a spring game, it was National News roughly a month ago.... I know some held out hope, but it was never going to happen.

Yeah, I just saw the tweet from SS and thought it meant no fans in the stands for the Spring game, not ruling out the game all together. Was there an rationale or justification given for why we'd purposely take ourselves out of a televised spotlight, even if only an SEC Network spot, or why we'd take that away from the fans for a second year straight?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I just saw the tweet from SS and thought it meant no fans in the stands for the Spring game, not ruling out the game all together. Was there an rationale or justification given for why we'd purposely take ourselves out of a televised spotlight, even if only an SEC Network spot, or why we'd take that away from the fans for a second year straight?

Decision my management. In Mullen's first and second Orange and Blue Debut it was handled correctly. I know the North gate is being used as a testing location, but in my opinion that isn't enough to cancel the game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Decision my management. In Mullen's first and second Orange and Blue Debut it was handled correctly. I know the North gate is being used as a testing location, but in my opinion that isn't enough to cancel the game.

I have no idea how they think that's the productive or responsible way to manage this. Months to prepare a temporary alternate spot for testing, or adjust with the circumstances to reinstate something that gives people some measure of return to normalcy, and they completely dismiss it. The disconnect between the Admin and the average UF football fan is possibly at it's greatest point in my lifetime.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Mullen is done here and will be out by 2022. And he knows it.
He has the same problem Foley had. No one decent will ever want to work under him. It doesn’t matter that the job is at UF. Mullen knows this is his downfall whether he wants to admit it or not. I mean, no OL or WR coach/coordinator worth a damn hangs with 1 HC that long. And don’t get me started on Grantham.
By the looks of what has transpired with the spring game and other non-events (zero Trask heisman hype is an example), the administration knows it too, thus the zero talk of contract extension and little/no public show of support. It is pretty evident that the ones that decide the size of the HC’s paycheck have seen enough, and their silence is deafening.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is done here and will be out by 2022. And he knows it.
He has the same problem Foley had. No one decent will ever want to work under him. It doesn’t matter that the job is at UF. Mullen knows this is his downfall whether he wants to admit it or not. I mean, no OL or WR coach/coordinator worth a damn hangs with 1 HC that long. And don’t get me started on Grantham.
By the looks of what has transpired with the spring game and other non-events (zero Trask heisman hype is an example), the administration knows it too, thus the zero talk of contract extension and little/no public show of support. It is pretty evident that the ones that decide the size of the HC’s paycheck have seen enough, and their silence is deafening.

It's worse than that Albert, they have accepted whom he is... as long as he doesn't write more checks with his mouth or actions. He could be here through the contract and possibly another. The management you refer to is waiting on him to make a Butters like mistake to reduce the cost or let the contract play out.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
It's worse than that Albert, they have accepted whom he is... as long as he doesn't write more checks with his mouth or actions. He could be here through the contract and possibly another. The management you refer to is waiting on him to make a Butters like mistake to reduce the cost or let the contract play out.
I agree they are likely biding their time, hedging down a potential buyout. He is not going over a cliff like butters, but he won’t be able to carry the weight of so many smaller idiotic moves.
Nohing short of an SEC championship in 21 saves him. Not a division title or anything else. When the admin clams up, the party is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.