UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously though, what was that kid doing all year? Last count had him at 370-380 (still ridiculous) but to be 70 lbs over that? He’s not gonna contribute till 2022 at best and will be lucky to avoid a diabetes related foot amputation.

Agreed

Let’s not gloss over the fact that he could collapse the first time he’s really stressed. That weight is beyond any comprehension.
How does he let this happen?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand that's not having a defense being sent in immediately based on down and distance. and the defense needs to be set in that. if fat toad wants to try to call an audible 20 seconds later, whatever. even if he fails with at least set up in some defense.

Too many times last year it looked like the players were just standing there looking to the sideline and waiting on him to make up his mind... while the ball is being snapped.

Correct

But what you saw was “casual” according to Dan

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

At that weight, we should see if SeaWorld can help with the pool - either that or see if there is another coaching spot at Tennessee.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
440 pounds!?!?!?

Dude needs to mix in a salad every once in a while.

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
At 440, surprised we didn't have to give him 2 scholarships.
what we need to do is tell him you better lose 100 lb prior to the fall camp or you get zero scholarships.

I don't know how the medical staff could clear him to practice or play.

obviously another defensive tackle flop in all likelihood. the big eaters fail at a higher rate than most positions which is why you can't recruit one or two of them per 3 years (and recruit seven or eight defensive backs per year instead)⁰

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Three scrimmage dates scheduled for: March 6, 12, & 20.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I don't understand that's not having a defense being sent in immediately based on down and distance. and the defense needs to be set in that. if fat toad wants to try to call an audible 20 seconds later, whatever. even if he fails with at least set up in some defense.

Too many times last year it looked like the players were just standing there looking to the sideline and waiting on him to make up his mind... while the ball is being snapped.
Yeah, it definitely feels like "do something even if it's wrong" time with this bunch - including firing everybody and starting over again from scratch. Mullen will probably survive the upcoming 5-7 to 7-5 fiasco, but he is rapidly running out of mulligans. Admittedly, I allowed myself to get my hopes up after the UGA game last year, but I'm not falling for that flash in the pan schytt again. DM has failed in too many areas on too many occasions to believe in anything but more of the same. I'm done.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
440! Forget football, the guy should train in the art of sumo. Hey, maybe Foley will make that the next sport at UF!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
what we need to do is tell him you better lose 100 lb prior to the fall camp or you get zero scholarships.

obviously another defensive tackle flop in all likelihood. the big eaters fail at a higher rate than most positions which is why you can't recruit one or two of them per 3 years (and recruit seven or eight defensive backs per year instead)⁰

Even at that weight, he moves better than some of our other DTs.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This kid reminds me of the Dallas Cowboy Nate Newton who got up to 411 lbs. A guy who outside of his run with the Cowboys and the USFL Tampa Bay Bandits wasn't worth a damn...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
tall10.jpg

Alex.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it definitely feels like "do something even if it's wrong" time with this bunch - including firing everybody and starting over again from scratch. Mullen will probably survive the upcoming 5-7 to 7-5 fiasco, .
I feel like a dip is coming and the team quit on him. Actually he quit on them....

But.....

I look at the schedule and the other sec east teams are such clusterfuchs and Clowntown is a sitcom. It is just really hard to imagine losing to them, even with the Fat Toad producing one punt per game and Dildo back to Notre Dame ball control QB Keeper ball.

The SEC East is rocketing toward G5 status.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I feel like a dip is coming and the team quit on him. Actually he quit on them....

But.....

I look at the schedule and the other sec east teams are such clusterfuchs and Clowntown is a sitcom, it is really hard to imagine losing to them. Even with the Fat Toad producing one punt per game and Dildo back to Notre Dame ball control QB Keeper ball. The SEC east is rocketing toward G5.

I'm going to make this prediction right now - and I think I have about a 50+% chance of being right - FSU will end up with a higher ranked recruiting class than we do in 2022. For all the mocking we're doing of them, they are throwing out offers to any and every 4-star player in the country. Meanwhile, we're showing up late to the party even for in-state kids.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

But swonkey, he MUST have what you say you like.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
By time for the spring game, I believe that covid will be much less of a problem. The decision could have been delayed at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.