Hurricane Ian / Nicole Thread

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had plans to take my son to his first Gator game of any kind this past spring for the UF-FSU baseball game. Unfortunately, it got canceled due to weather the day of so we just had to stay in our hotel and eat costs. He was so bummed.

Now, this was my second attempt. We bought tickets months ago and have been planning to take him to this game. I picked it because it is an early start (noon) and thought it might be nice to have an easy opponent for his first game so he could cheer a lot of Gator TDs (hopefully) and I wouldn't be upset if we ended up leaving early as we would be up big (again, hopefully).

Poor guy is going to be so disappointed once again.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I had plans to take my son to his first Gator game of any kind this past spring for the UF-FSU baseball game. Unfortunately, it got canceled due to weather the day of so we just had to stay in our hotel and eat costs. He was so bummed.

Now, this was my second attempt. We bought tickets months ago and have been planning to take him to this game. I picked it because it is an early start (noon) and thought it might be nice to have an easy opponent for his first game so he could cheer a lot of Gator TDs (hopefully) and I wouldn't be upset if we ended up leaving early as we would be up big (again, hopefully).

Poor guy is going to be so disappointed once again.
This post makes me sad. I hope you and he have dozens more chances to experience Gator games together, and they all make up for these two.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gonna be working on taking care of the parents in Gainesville. Fingers crossed this thing changes course and we play football too.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
It looks like I'm just outside of the D bubble in North Alabama. Requesting prayers.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Parentals in Palm Harbor riding it out. 60' above sea level, no concern there. Might get remnants of it up here over the weekend.

As for the game, why not fly out to Spokane Wednesday night and play at their place? It would help the team get away from the hurricane distraction. SEC Network could air it at 10:30 or 11 our time.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Between ideas of doing yet another night game, doing it at their place in Spokane, and Ox chiming in about every 15 minutes with his cancellation doom and gloom, I feel like I woke up in the Twilight Zone today. From this point forward, if you don’t have anything productive to add to the conversation, can you just keep those thoughts and ideas to yourselves? Thanks.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Between ideas of doing yet another night game, doing it at their place in Spokane, and Ox chiming in about every 15 minutes with his cancellation doom and gloom, I feel like I woke up in the Twilight Zone today. From this point forward, if you don’t have anything productive to add to the conversation, can you just keep those thoughts and ideas to yourselves? Thanks.
Warning GIF by Back Row Radio

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Flying into Ft Myers Friday afternoon with my son. He was supposed to pitch on Saturday in a Perfect Game tourney at JetBlue but thats not happening. We are coming down anyway and just go fishing Saturday. Toss some shrimp under the mangroves and see what happens.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Flying into Ft Myers Friday afternoon with my son. He was supposed to pitch on Saturday in a Perfect Game tourney at JetBlue but thats not happening. We are coming down anyway and just go fishing Saturday. Toss some shrimp under the mangroves and see what happens.
I tossed a shrimp at your mom’s mangrove, and she saw what happened!!

Wait…

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I tossed my shrimp under your moms mangroves.

edit: beat me by a few seconds bna you fucher :lol:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
It's laughable that it won't be cancelled - they aren't going to want people traveling into possibly the heart of a storm for a football game. Expect a formal cancellation by Wednesday at the latest.
Are you from Idaho? It will barely be an afternoon thunderstorm by the time it reaches inland.
C'mon man. You know better.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I'm one block away from the Hillsborough county mandatory evacuation zone. Hoping to either have this thing turn and only lose power a couple hours or be driving back in time for either youth football game or a Gators game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As for the game, why not fly out to Spokane Wednesday night and play at their place? It would help the team get away from the hurricane distraction. SEC Network could air it at 10:30 or 11 our time.
I heard they have a red field - that would be absolutely awesome!

Roos-field-grandstand.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you from Idaho? It will barely be an afternoon thunderstorm by the time it reaches inland.
C'mon man. You know better.
Even if you were right (and you aren't) they would still cancel it - they don't want to encourage traveling under these circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.