UF vs. FAU and FIU facilities?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It's a cash cow. 7% annual risers. No one complains because they all have dementia. The shuffleboard court is trashed, but we have Whiskey Wednesdays to make up for it. I wish I had done this years ago.

Your my landlord?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lets not forget about the lightning bug catchers club. Its gonna take quite a bit to get it off the ground and running. Should only delay facilities by one or two years. Why get in a rush anyhow?
So... look.... I want us to have the best lighning bug catchers club in the country. Im not going to watch them but it would be cool to hear the Gators rule everything, including lightning bugs.

When people question why facilities are last, Stricklin responds that baseball this and that. The truth is he is right. We rebuilt most football stuff in the early eighties and baseball still works in crap from the 60s.

But why do we have to be trashy in what we build new? The change in the whole project using a slightly better grade of materials (not stick on ****ing carpet squares) would be MINIMAL. Why do we always have to go with the lowest bidder with the lowest quality materials.

We are never going to be Bammer with golden toilets and I wouldn't support that. But we shouldnt be FIU either.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's a cash cow. 7% annual risers. No one complains because they all have dementia. The shuffleboard court is trashed, but we have Whiskey Wednesdays to make up for it. I wish I had done this years ago.
Im assuming I can get a discount some day? I can serve as security. I will drive the golf cart with the flashing light and everything.

Whiskey Wednesdays.... maybe it wont work out. I'd no doubt drink all your profits and get everyone pissed by banging granny by the (above ground) pool.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So... look.... I want us to have the best lighning bug catchers club in the country. Im not going to watch them but it would be cool to hear the Gators rule everything, including lightning bugs.

When people question why facilities are last, Stricklin responds that baseball this and that. The truth is he is right. We rebuilt most football stuff in the early eighties and baseball still works in crap from the 60s.

But why do we have to be trashy in what we build new? The change in the whole project using a slightly better grade of materials (not stick on ****ing carpet squares) would be MINIMAL. Why do we always have to go with the lowest bidder with the lowest quality.

We are never going to be Bammer I wouldn't support that. But we shouldnt be FIU either.

Things are lookin up. They wanted to build the stand alone with dirt floors so they could rent it out for hoedowns but it was over ruled.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im assuming I can get a discount some day? I can serve as security. I will drive the golf cart with the flashing light and everything.
You already told me you would send out the demand letters threatening 18% interest on late payments.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The athletic dept. has gotten away with relative embezzlement over the years. Tulsa? It's insanity that the University of Florida looks like the Naples high school locker rooms...from 2013.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
The simple fact that this is even up for discussion would have been inconceivable 10 years ago. Mind boggling.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, man, I'm unimpressed with your argument. There's nothing wrong with that workout room that a whack upside the head won't fix. Phucking spoiled football children is all it is.

Ewwww, ours has a drop-down ceiling, glued-on tiles and foam. How can I possibly work out in a dump like that? I need serious football glam.

Phuck me.
If it matters to the recruits (and it does), UF has to keep up with the others. They have no damn choice, right or wrong.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
After I got roasted for falsely suggesting at least UF has better facilties than FAU and FIU, I think this deserves a better look.

From Sec14Gator in the Clown thread:
It looks like FAU has better floor tiles:

The FIU locker room is only a little better than ours (no floor tiles or drop ceiling), but the weight room is FAR superior to ours:

Nothing new here, but we keep getting further behind and our new super fancy facility appears to only bring us to Conference USA levels (hopefully, in two years).

Oh yeah? What about their softball field, hmmm?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If it matters to the recruits (and it does), UF has to keep up with the others. They have no damn choice, right or wrong.

Yep. So many people whistling past the graveyard on this issue, just like mediocre recruiting ("we'll just coach em up better!"). Not sure how anyone doesn't have a problem with the "we're not getting into an arms race..." comments. Then they wonder why we got blown out by Missouri the last two years....

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks The there will be an unveiling of the “temporary” locker room remodel today for top boosters so we should get some leaks soon. Apparently the major overhaul won’t happen until the new facility is built and then the entire south end zone can be redone to only be the locker room. So I wouldn’t expect this to look all that great or different

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Whiskey Wednesdays? I’m in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks The there will be an unveiling of the “temporary” locker room remodel today for top boosters so we should get some leaks soon. Apparently the major overhaul won’t happen until the new facility is built and then the entire south end zone can be redone to only be the locker room. So I wouldn’t expect this to look all that great or different
Bullshyt they just made up in response to the the whole world making fun of their repaint and sticky carpet squares job.

This was never called a temporary lockerrrom and there is no "phase two lockerroom project" that has ever been mentioned before last week. And it is still only twitterers making it up.

The "thats not our real lockerroom" people are showing pictures of what a lockeroom in the football facilty may look like if we ever build one.

Just a few months ago, Stricklin was touting this current project when people asked why all the money was being spent elsewhere and why football is always last.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The funny part about this tweet is:

That is what Clown Town has TODAY. And they are building better. Even if they have to slide a single PE class in the corner somewhere and secure state funding for their building as a "classroom." I guarantee they will have their projects done before us and it will be far superior, as always.

I really think we should move to 1AA. With this AD's office, it's all they are willing to spend.

After looking at our new carpet squares and LED lighting, the F$U pic is exactly that. The ceiling logo, floor logo and lighting catch your eye, but it’s just lockers. The spoked rows look dividing and the floor is just polished and painted cement.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
......This was all state of the art when done in approximately 2010.....JFC.....

We also have the largest weight room in the SEC at 26,000 sq. ft.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This won't be popular, but here goes. Any player who is so focused on these sorts of facilities does not really want to be a Gator. We have the best education, best support for education, more than adequate facilities in most cases, and probably better living conditions than some have at home. If you want a great rec room, well go elsewhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This won't be popular, but here goes. Any player who is so focused on these sorts of facilities does not really want to be a Gator. We have the best education, best support for education, more than adequate facilities in most cases, and probably better living conditions than some have at home. If you want a great rec room, well go elsewhere.
You can go elsewhere. Youre an extinct dinosaur. An unrepetent slumlord fan. The kind of person who thought Fooley was a great AD and who was going to be snapped up immediately for a job as a conference commish. :lmao2: That was hilarious.

In the real world, other ADs thought he was a buffoon. And the conferences didnt even bother to interview him. Sweet revenge but not enough.

We arent a MAC school, despite the fact when I was looking at the personnel for UAA I noticed most of our employees seem to come from Ohio U, Miami, Mashall, etc instead of the University of Florida. I guess we were looking to hire people loyal to the man and not to the Florida Gators.

By the way Vulcan, since the nineties at least and probably before that, the alumni at the University of Florida have been giving at a top-three rate. This isn't really about giving more money anyway. 125 schools would need huge campaigns just raise enough money to have what we five every single year. There is no excuse for our admin acting impoverished.

This is more about what our AD spent it on, instead of pocketing in it for himself and his giant overpaid bureaucracy, or doing silly things with it.

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
......This was all state of the art when done in approximately 2010.....JFC.....

We also have the largest weight room in the SEC at 26,000 sq. ft.

It is also shared with 20 other sports. counting men's and women's. I'm not sure how many schools in the SEC do that but I damn well know Alabama and Georgia don't.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You are absolutely right...........that this won't be popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator