UF's Football Facilities - Finally begins (on lacrosse)

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm sure one reason in-state recruiting sucks is because every kid has seen artist renderings and virtual reality videos for years now but, not a damn thing has actually been done to make it happen. They just don't believe it anymore.
And to top it off, UF not the UAA will start and complete a new infirmary on the baseball site while Strickland continues to fund raise. We will let a golden opportunity to take back the state just pass us by. :suicide:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All I am going to say is who am I to disagree with Shannon Snell...you know an actual football player that played for the University of Florida. So, I’ll defer to his opinion over the armchair architects
Poor Shannon has never seen anything that wasn't already outdated in the 70s.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure one reason in-state recruiting sucks is because every kid has seen artist renderings and virtual reality videos for years now but,
Yeah, but the artists renderings now are WAAAAAAAAAAY better than the ones from 2015.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All kidding aside, this thing is expected to be finished "as early as December 2021"....so we all know that means January or Feb 2022....or later, with the usual construction delays. That's sad.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside, this thing is expected to be finished "as early as December 2021"....so we all know that means January or Feb 2022....or later, with the usual construction delays. That's sad.
Only if they feel theyve squeezed every last penny out of alums.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
How quickly do you think a football all-in-one can be built? Anyone know start to finish dates on some of the other schools? Is 1.5 years an overly delayed timeframe?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How quickly do you think a football all-in-one can be built? Anyone know start to finish dates on some of the other schools? Is 1.5 years an overly delayed timeframe?
:lmao2: Theyve been demanding donations and showing us artist renderings since 2015.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In only 3-5 years, we may be able to catch up with Conf USA.

ELXRJo1WkAEgtCO

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
@GatorsFB: Big things happening soon! We're proud to announce the James W. "Bill" Heavener Football Training Center. : Gators to Name New Football Facility after Heavener - Florida Gators

Even when complete, the "Football Training Center" continues more of the same mentality that got us to the point that we are not building this until 20 years post-Spurrier. Both the cafeteria like dining room and the "lounge" are not football facilities. They are "all athlete". God forbid we not continue to divert football money to other sports.

But, then in a most Butterish way, the locker room is off limits from viewing? I call BS. As soon as they have a design the coaching staff is proud of (based on their clothing choices, that shouldn't be too high of a bar to get over), they will be plastering the renderings everywhere, just like every other program to sell to recruits. I'm guessing even the current renderings are sh!t and the football offices don't want to advertise garbage they are still fighting over making better.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Considering we are one of the top institutions in the country, that animation was pathetic and disappointing. Due to the lack of detail and poor imagery, nothing significant really stood out to me. As soon as it ended, I asked myself, "so, what?" and all I can remember is the pool, the hideous speed font all over the damn place, and the uniform mannequins looked like they were being abducted in an X-files episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator