UF's Football Facilities - Finally begins (on lacrosse)

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Even when complete, the "Football Training Center" continues more of the same mentality that got us to the point that we are not building this until 20 years post-Spurrier. Both the cafeteria like dining room and the "lounge" are not football facilities. They are "all athlete". God forbid we not continue to divert football money to other sports.

But, then in a most Butterish way, the locker room is off limits from viewing? I call BS. As soon as they have a design the coaching staff is proud of (based on their clothing choices, that shouldn't be too high of a bar to get over), they will be plastering the renderings everywhere, just like every other program to sell to recruits. I'm guessing even the current renderings are sh!t and the football offices don't want to advertise garbage they are still fighting over making better.

Or the more likely scenario is they want something else to release later on down the road. They did a sample at the fsu game and then a slightly more comprehensive release with a locker room tease. You may not like what they’re putting together but it’s pretty obvious what they were doing with that part. They aren’t hiding it because it’s ****

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
All kidding aside, this thing is expected to be finished "as early as December 2021"....so we all know that means January or Feb 2022....or later, with the usual construction delays. That's sad.
you fat fingered 24...

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Or the more likely scenario is they want something else to release later on down the road. They did a sample at the fsu game and then a slightly more comprehensive release with a locker room tease. You may not like what they’re putting together but it’s pretty obvious what they were doing with that part. They aren’t hiding it because it’s ****

Sure, that makes sense based on how awesome everything else in the videos have looked...or, how the UAA has demonstrated its ability to create top notch football facilities and dorms already.

We are not a Ford/GM level football program. Maybe we are no longer making Bugatti's and struggled with some lemons for a while, but we are still at least a Porshe level program due to Spurrier, state/talent location, land-grant premier school, and a huge, very dedicated fan base. Yet, when the team running the AD's department yet against puts out a commercial like we are the Hyundai dealership advertising locally on broadcast TV in Samford, Florida, so many of you on here feel the need to come in and defend subpar product.

Maybe the end result will look nice, but history, these renderings, and the videos are awful when compared to what they could and should be. But, we have people in the box watching this and legitimately asking "what are dumpers going to bytch about now?" as though this is some "A" level product. It's not. It's just that simple.

The hundred million dollar goose is being managed by a team that thinks keeping it cooped up outside with every other random scrambled egg laying chicken is just fine. Sorry, but its not true. Pump that goose with antibiotics, hire a full time vet, and put it in an environmentally controlled room. Yesterday.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So what exactly should be in this building that isn’t? It’s hard to get the full scope of what it’s gonna look like when completed. They have coaches offices, new weight room, dining center, training, recovery, locker room, and plenty of leisure activities? I’m not trying to be super pumper about it but I fail to see what it’s going to lack.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, that makes sense based on how awesome everything else in the videos have looked...or, how the UAA has demonstrated its ability to create top notch football facilities and dorms already.

We are not a Ford/GM level football program. Maybe we are no longer making Bugatti's and struggled with some lemons for a while, but we are still at least a Porshe level program due to Spurrier, state/talent location, land-grant premier school, and a huge, very dedicated fan base. Yet, when the team running the AD's department yet against puts out a commercial like we are the Hyundai dealership advertising locally on broadcast TV in Samford, Florida, so many of you on here feel the need to come in and defend subpar product.

Maybe the end result will look nice, but history, these renderings, and the videos are awful when compared to what they could and should be. But, we have people in the box watching this and legitimately asking "what are dumpers going to bytch about now?" as though this is some "A" level product. It's not. It's just that simple.

The hundred million dollar goose is being managed by a team that thinks keeping it cooped up outside with every other random scrambled egg laying chicken is just fine. Sorry, but its not true. Pump that goose with antibiotics, hire a full time vet, and put it in an environmentally controlled room. Yesterday.
I feel like I should like this post, but I cant follow it so honestly I don't know what to do. :lol:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Everything really started happening when Dan arrived. I think from the very beginning, Dan said he wasn't going to let a lack of facilities to stand in the way of the Gators getting back into the forefront of SEC competition,'' Heavener said. "He's done what he needed to do with the resources he had, which just speaks to him being that much greater a coach.

"I think a nice facility really has an effect on whether the players come to your school or not, whether they can play at a school with all the resources they need to train properly and with a coach that can win games. To me, that's kind of a winning combination. I think we've got the coach that can win games."

Apparently Mr Heavener is pleased with our coaching.

If you aren’t, then feel free to pony up to his level & tell him your personal opinion.

:lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not trying to be super pumper about it but I fail to see what it’s going to lack.
Im sure it will be the usual part Raeford Super Econolodge and part old warehouse once they are done, but the biggest thing lacking is timeliness.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Im sure it will be the usual part Raeford Super Econolodge and part old warehouse once they are done, but the biggest thing lacking is timeliness.

No one can argue that but it is what it is at this point. So what else is it missing? What are they skimping on?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
So what exactly should be in this building that isn’t? It’s hard to get the full scope of what it’s gonna look like when completed. They have coaches offices, new weight room, dining center, training, recovery, locker room, and plenty of leisure activities? I’m not trying to be super pumper about it but I fail to see what it’s going to lack.

You may end up being right, but so far the UAA has not given us reason to believe.

But, my gripe is with two aspects not related to what may be "lacking" per se. First, they once again refuse to just spend the dollars on the golden goose that is the football program, by making the two most significant gathering spots "all athlete". If this was 20 years ago and we were ahead of the facilities curve, I might think that was a great overall program building idea. Now, after we have spent football money for years on these other sports, and after what other schools have done to show football that it is a priority, the "all athlete" aspect just further shows lack of commitment.

The other gripe is that these videos, graphics, tiny, quick flashing and unreadable text are garbage. This is clearly a major announcement we want out prior to early signing day and the UAA did a C- job on the product launch. Which reiterates the appearance that we are not as committed as our rivals.

I feel like I should like this post, but I cant follow it so honestly I don't know what to do. :lol:

Short version of that longer post - Everything we do for the football program should be at an elite level, but we have not done so for 20 years. These renderings, video, and, perhaps, even the space once complete suggest we are not changing. This announcement rates at best "meh". Good enough to placate those that are easily satiated. But, for the long term UAA direction, that sucks.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Serious question. How many people in here have any experience with this kind of stuff? Like, really been presented with an architects rendition of a building?

I ask because prior to the Navy, I was working with architects on hospital projects - some of the most exorbitant facilities out there. This is every bit as nice as those projects. Based on what they’re showing - including the exterior improvements - this is worth every penny of $100M. That rehab area is millions of dollars alone. Beyond just needing to complain about something, what’s the real critique here?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Serious question. How many people in here have any experience with this kind of stuff? Like, really been presented with an architects rendition of a building?

I ask because prior to the Navy, I was working with architects on hospital projects - some of the most exorbitant facilities out there. This is every bit as nice as those projects. Based on what they’re showing - including the exterior improvements - this is worth every penny of $100M. That rehab area is millions of dollars alone. Beyond just needing to complain about something, what’s the real critique here?
Shocking.

Seebea pumping away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If this was 20 years ago and we were ahead of the facilities curve, I might think that was a great overall program building idea. .
Your out of your mind if youmthink we were ahead of the curve 20 years ago. The last time we updated them were the 80s. Hell, basketball was basically playing in a fvkkimg tent.

Fooley has been soreading his cancer throughout the athletic dept since the 80s. He didnt suddenly become a slum lord at the end of his reign, it just became impossible to ignore when Sunbelt teams passed us.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Shocking.

Seebea pumping away.
Donk complaining about something he has no experience with or understanding of. Shocking.

You’re out of your element here. Seriously. I may not know much about diagraming plays but this is my area of expertise. For reference, Clemson dropped $55M on theirs and after just watching their “tour” video, its smaller and has less features than ours.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
what’s the real critique here?

one of these things is not like the other:

@GatorsFB: Big things happening soon! We're proud to announce the James W. "Bill" Heavener Football Training Center. : Gators to Name New Football Facility after Heavener - Florida Gators

In particular, go to the section at 45 seconds where it updates the existing facility to the new one right in the rendering and then walks through each amenity. The point is that if this is the level of care the advertising campaign gets (which is cheaper than the facility will be), then it doesn't heighten hope for the facility itself.

Just more of us not living up to our counterparts. But, you asked what the complaint is - just compare the two. You may want to stop watching the bama one before they literally walk you through the entire players walk into the stadium locker room (without slamming the doors shut in advance).

EDIT - Not to completely trigger the Donk, but look at how the AAC announces facilities compared to our digital watercolors. This is Memphis. Again, which of the two suck?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im just as confidant that this will be usual drop ceiling, carpet square, econolodge paneling ghettorriffic warehouse looking trash they always crank out.

As long as Fooley breathes and is in the building he will insist on everything being as tacky and cheap as possible and as minimalistic. And he is still there.

But yeah, Im sure you can turn the lights off and show some LEDs.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Your out of your mind if youmthink we were ahead of the curve 20 years ago. The last time we updated them were the 80s. Hell, basketball was basically playing in a fvkkimg tent.

Fooley has been soreading his cancer throughout the athletic dept since the 80s. He didnt suddenly become a slum lord at the end of his reign, it just became impossible to ignore when Sunbelt teams passed us.

You misunderstood. My point was IFwe were the forward thinkers and had this facility built before anyone was doing these standalones, then keeping it "all athlete" wouldn't seem as dilutive of the importance of football. Whereas now, it is like a planting of a flag saying "we refuse" to budge on our equality of athlete treatment. it's funny how many people support this idea here, but hated the women's soccer team complaining for equal pay despite no where near equal revenue. Same concept.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
one of these things is not like the other:

In particular, go to the section at 45 seconds where it updates the existing facility to the new one right in the rendering and then walks through each amenity. The point is that if this is the level of care the advertising campaign gets (which is cheaper than the facility will be), then it doesn't heighten hope for the facility itself.

Just more of us not living up to our counterparts. But, you asked what the complaint is - just compare the two. You may want to stop watching the bama one before they literally walk you through the entire players walk into the stadium locker room (without slamming the doors shut in advance).

Just watched a good chunk. So your complaint is that we don’t have moving elements to our promo video? Like - really? Who cares? Will that impact the actual construction? Y’all are so dumb sometimes.

What about the actual facility is bothersome? I’ve seen some complaints about allowing other SAs in the dining area - really? You think the football players don’t want the volleyball, gymnastics, or women’s T&F teams in there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.