UF's Total Offense Ranking

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF is 14th in total offense after week 1. We all know it was New Mexico State but there is a lot to be encouraged about. This was never an option with the last regime and would never happen. Sure the competition will get tougher and then there's SEC play. But when was the last time we could say we were ranked that high? Been a long time. Promising days ahead. Just something to build on.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I am sure had we completed the game versus Idaho last year we would have been close to that after two weeks. Just sayin, bro.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n276641 said:
This was never an option with the last regime and would never happen.

We had more total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, and points in our first game last year.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good start no doubt. We'll know more tomorrow night against a way better front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice way to start. Finish in the top 50 and we'll be having a great year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n276670 said:
We had more total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, and points in our first game last year.
Yep, you're right. Just glad to see those guys on offense having fun. Great start. Tomorrow night will be another step.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
What's the difference in incomplete passes? Under the Mchamp regime our staple even against the cupcakes was 2 up the middle followed up by a dropped pass to punt.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doopree;n276795 said:
What's the difference in incomplete passes? Under the Mchamp regime our staple even against the cupcakes was 2 up the middle followed up by a dropped pass to punt.
Good point and pretty much what is at the point. There's a difference in what we saw last week. Even with the similarities of the statistical outcomes there were some fundamental things offensively we have not seen in a long time......a perfect two minute drill, no drive killing mistakes, no stupid penalties, and two QB's doing it, and so on. This week will provide another test and an increasing degree of difficulty. But it was nice to see. And here's what I found on the stats through game one as your referenced:

Game 1 2015: 31-38 384 yards passing
Game 1 2014: 33-47 396 yards passing

And no matter of last week's outcome.....we all know that this offense will be different than WM's TOP mentality and Mac will definitely be ranked higher. And that's what we've all asked for a long time.

BTW Doo, need one of those burgers for tonight.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n276671 said:
Good start no doubt. We'll know more tomorrow night against a way better front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep should tell us a lot more.

4761746f72

Sep 11, 2015
I was very encouraged by what I saw last Saturday vs. any game I watched during the Muschamp's totalitarian dictatorship. Our offense was creative, efficient and balanced. It appeared that each play set up its subsequent play, and so on. Both QB's made good decisions overall, and our Wr's that have been noticeably absent during the aforementioned dicktator's douche reign emerged.

It it will take a few years to build, but C-Mac is set up for success. I don't think we'll be forgetting Muschamp anytime soon. He's got all the head coaching abilities of Zook with the personality of a "I'm sick and need to spend some time with family" Urban Meyer.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Those stats were inflated last year by Treon coming in and going 2 for 2 for 148 yards and 2 touchdowns.

This year the offense was much more consistent and efficient, but most importantly, this year we won TOP.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n276817 said:
......a perfect two minute drill, no drive killing mistakes, no stupid penalties, and two QB's doing it

:rainbow:

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
If you look at the stats it doesn't look any different than last year. If you actually watched the game it was clear how different this team and coaching staff is.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n276883 said:
If you look at the stats it doesn't look any different than last year. If you actually watched the game it was clear how different this team and coaching staff is.

:exactly:

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

But all of that wasn't very consistent in that game. Treon's two long TD passes were in the "oh by the way" part of the game. Several scores in the first half were on long TD runs. Driskel wasn't all that accurate. There was a lot more consistency throughout the entirety of last week's game. Some big plays, but a lot of working it down the field in 6,7,8 to 12 yard chunks, which is what we're going to need this season to keep the chains moving. Big plays are great, but consistent offensive play is better.

4761746f72

Sep 11, 2015
We threw the ball downfield with accuracy and precision. Isn't that what we all clamored for last season?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We clamored for ANYTHING last year. Still clamoring. btw I think Zooker was much better HC than Will. Better recruiter and won more big games than Will. Missed on TWO huge games by very little. But I digress. THe new guy is all I focus on.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It was all downhill from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.