UGA (arena) in Shambles - Literally

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
In your shoes I would have guided/pushed my kid towards some innocuous school like Georgia Tech (I assume you live in Georgia).
Ga Tech is much harder to get into than Georgia. Most kids who get into both schools tend to go to Tech. And when you get past those two schools, the rest of the state universities are not very impressive.

If you plan to continue living in Georgia after graduation, Ugly is definitely a good school to go to and is well thought of throughout the state. And as competitive as getting in has gotten, any kid accepted there is getting Hope and Zell Miller scholarships and thus not paying any tuition. The difference between tuition free in Georgia and out of state tuition at UF is one few of us can justify paying. (Mrs G, btw, was sick at the thought of her baby boy possibly becoming a dwag, but was willing - grudgingly - to accept it due to the tremendous cost savings. The fact he ended up getting a scholly to UF was pure luck due to timing; a year older or four years younger and he would not have been eligible.)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Georgia Football Coach Jokes About Lynching in Horrific Racist Videos​

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The mistake so many of you seem to have made is paying one cent towards your kid's worthless college educations. If they want to go to college at all (generally a mistake) make them pay their own way. This tactic could keep more kids from racking up huge debt (either for them or for you) for no reason, and get them to go to work full time at 18 instead of sitting in an 18th century French poetry class.

If you foolishly still insist on paying for an education for your frog's testicle of a son or daughter, make it a trade school where they'll actually learn a skill and be able to get an immediate job, saving you from having to support them for their entire 20's.....and possibly beyond.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The mistake so many of you seem to have made is paying one cent towards your kid's worthless college educations. If they want to go to college at all (generally a mistake) make them pay their own way. This tactic could keep more kids from racking up huge debt (either for them or for you) for no reason, and get them to go to work full time at 18 instead of sitting in an 18th century French poetry class.

If you foolishly still insist on paying for an education for your frog's testicle of a son or daughter, make it a trade school where they'll actually learn a skill and be able to get an immediate job, saving you from having to support them for their entire 20's.....and possibly beyond.
God knows I hate agreeing with you. But I do.

Disgusted Paris Hilton GIF

The return on investment for college isn't there unless it's engineering, med or law. Not just $$ but the opportunity cost of 4-6 years of time.

Better to learn a vocation with the idea of starting a business. Most beta men don't know how to build, maintain or fix $hit. The market will continue to expand in that area.

Or join the armed forces, stay in until retirement t, take classes, then get on the a DOD contractor and make major $$$. (Assuming you position yourself for marketing, engineering or technical PM).

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Some truth to this.

My stepdaughter is currently enrolled with UF, but only online, no on campus classes. You don't get the social interaction obviously, but it's far cheaper.
She pays her whole way and has since she was at Valencia. Works 30+ hrs a week for a major bank plus school (was working 2 jobs prior to this one) and even with paying for school that little schit has more money in the bank than we do :lol:

I think she's learning a good lesson on spending, and earning things on her own. There are some struggles along the way, and I've talked with Deet about them, but they are only making her a stronger student and person.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Don’t forget carnival. Barking at the Yak Woman is admittedly a little cyclical, but the pixie dust spreaders on Tilt-a-Whirl are as stable as it gets. Pretty sure they have a union.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.