UGA (arena) in Shambles - Literally

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great, now I’m gonna have to pay more for tuition…

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Great, now I’m gonna have to pay more for tuition…
GIF by The Dungeon Run

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

You see, THIS, this right here is why we, at The University of Florida, CHOOSE to not win so much. The stomping of feet is rather tough on a stadium. We prefer to take better care of our facilities in the hopes that they last longer and we get more value out of our multi-million dollar contracts. Losing is quite preferential really, once you consider this aspect of construction and care. It's quite elementary really. We're very gentrified in this manner.

:snob:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
The repetitive vibration of Mike White’s point guard dribbling in place while the shot clock winds down to 5 seconds can cause structural issues.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Yup

Free college vs $40,000 a year for her to go to UF.
In your shoes I would have guided/pushed my kid towards some innocuous school like Georgia Tech (I assume you live in Georgia).

My girls didn’t get into UF. No shame there, it’s extremely competitive these days and legacy means zero to them. So they had a choice between FSU & other state schools. And this is what I told them, “If you go to FSU, you’ll likely marry a Seminole…. And then I will have to deal with that idiot every Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. and I just can’t.”

Now before you go reaching for the “funny” button, none of this is a joke. I really said these words & I absolutely meant them.

One daughter picked UCF & the other USF and both are thriving. And I am happily footing the bills, minus bright futures & Florida prepaid.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
How is this actually a shambles for UGLY? I am guessing that the brain trusts at UGLY are not losing one wink of sleep over this. Phone call comes it to admin detailing the situation. Admin asks how this affects the Football program and the wheels of the train that pays the freight? When told it has no affect on the Football program, the next sound heard on the other end of the line is CLANK! (phone hung up)

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
My girls didn’t get into UF.
Now before you go reaching for the “funny” button, none of this is a joke. I really said these words & I absolutely meant them.

One daughter picked UCF & the other USF and both are thriving. And I am happily footing the bills, minus bright futures & Florida prepaid.
You're not my supervisor and I'll vote however I please.
(edit: unless Ox uses Dominion software)

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yup

Free college vs $40,000 a year for her to go to UF.

I don’t know what to even say.
We all like saving money but we have limitations in our lives that keep us sane.

I honestly could not sleep at night if………I can’t even say it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In your shoes I would have guided/pushed my kid towards some innocuous school like Georgia Tech (I assume you live in Georgia).

My girls didn’t get into UF. No shame there, it’s extremely competitive these days and legacy means zero to them. So they had a choice between FSU & other state schools. And this is what I told them, “If you go to FSU, you’ll likely marry a Seminole…. And then I will have to deal with that idiot every Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. and I just can’t.”

We told our sons that if they didn’t get into UF (which luckily they did) that we would welcome and support their pursuit of education to any school in Florida other than FSU or Miami. We would not spend one dollar of their college funds on either of those two schools and we were NOT kidding.

Had they wished to pursue their education out of state, UGA was the one school we would not support.

These decisions go WAY beyond considerations for cost. This is a family life altering decision and we were adamant about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.