UGA commit admits to taking money?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law, I'm gonna guess you're in your late 40s, maybe 50. Ox on the other hand was eight years old in 1983. He's proving himself a renaissance man in this thread pegging Mac computer models from the early '80s.
Come at me, bro. I called you out on that Mac first. Im just not part of the cult.

Ox does no doubt have a shrine to Jobs and Wozniak in his basement. Candles burning around wax statues of his true gods. Five times a day he faces Los Altos and does his prayers.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law, I'm gonna guess you're in your late 40s, maybe 50. Ox on the other hand was eight years old in 1983. He's proving himself a renaissance man in this thread pegging Mac computer models from the early '80s.
I was 7, not 8.

And the Lisa was a breakthrough computer, the first mainstream setup with a mouse and a user interface as I recall. Huge money, but a dazzling machine at the time.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was 7, not 8.

And the Lisa was a breakthrough computer, the first mainstream setup with a mouse and a user interface as I recall. Huge money, but a dazzling machine at the time.
I bought a brand-new Mac in '85 and as I recall it was shyton of money. I have no idea what the model name was. The floppies it used were about the size of a TV guide. I wish I'd never gotten rid of it. It'd probably be worth some money now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I bought a brand-new Mac in '85 and as I recall it was shyton of money. I have no idea what the model name was. The floppies it used were about the size of a TV guide. I wish I'd never gotten rid of it. It'd probably be worth some money now.
No wonder you are a Country Club Republicrat, born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I had several little crappy computers, capable of running various basic programs only. I dont remember exactly. Atari something. Timex Sinclair, tiny for the day. We had a Tandy something, PC clone eventually. The first two ised CASSETTE tapes for storage. Took like 5-10 minites to load programs or data. Thats what the po man used, not McIntoshes or Lisas.

Of course no one used any of those in 1980, back when Ugly last won a championship.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It was called the Macintosh. I think they were $2500.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No wonder you are a Country Club Republicrat, born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I had several little crappy computers, capable of running various basic programs only. I dont remember exactly. Atari something. Timex Sinclair, tiny for the day. We had a Tandy something, PC clone eventually. The first two ised CASSETTE tapes for storage. Took like 5-10 minites to load programs or data. Thats what the po man used, not McIntoshes or Lisas.

Of course no one used any of those in 1980, back when Ugly last won a championship.
First one I used was at the Sun. Big boxes with tiny little screens. And scroll faxes. BTW, I was 30 when I bought that Mac with my own money. I'd just never do it again. The machine was far too pricey.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My dad had a Tandy with the orange monochrome screen.
If you put the cursor in the wrong space by the colon and typed a letter the world went to hell and you had to reboot the whole damn machine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
XZ_screen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics