Unauthorized ads pop-up on left side of page

Discussion in 'Forum Issues and Suggestions' started by TLB, May 14, 2020.

1. TLB

TLB Just chillin'
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,885
    Ratings:
    +9,545 / -132
    I see the banner notice about admin are working on this, thanks. I thought a public thread may also help both members in staff in identifying which browsers and persons are afflicted, to help narrow down possible causes and root cause solutions.

FTR, I am browsing on chrome from my home PC and am not having any such issues. Also, I'm not using a blocker on my browsers.

Not on PC using Firefox, nor with Opera.

IExplorer can't seem to find the site. It can use a search engine which provides links to the site, but clicking a link or typing in the url get a "page can't be displayed error". This is most likely a browser issue on my end. Obviously, I can't get to the site to speak on an ad issue.

= = = = =

Switching to iphone, no issue on safari nor chrome.

#1 TLB, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
  2. TLB

TLB Just chillin'
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,885
    Ratings:
    +9,545 / -132
    And just like that I had one pop up on my chrome PC. I checked and it's not an extension or anything I did on my end.

3. oxrageous

oxrageous It's Good to be King
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $27,735
    Ratings:
    +43,386 / -1,703
    The problem is fixed. Evidently my ad provider thought it would "help" me make more ad revenue. My response was that an ad that annoying would do nothing but drive every user you ever had away, one by one.

4. Back Alley Gator

Back Alley Gator Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,915
    Ratings:
    +2,109 / -81
    I didn't even know there were popups. uBlock Origin is doing its job I guess. :)

5. TLB

TLB Just chillin'
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,885
    Ratings:
    +9,545 / -132
    I don't tell you often enough just how awesome you are.