Recruiting Under Butters, a "black cloud" was over the program

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gross that the media that is allegedly supposed to effectively report on what is happening there, did and has continued to completely sweep these things under the rug.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Could be. I’ve never seen anything like it. You get a job of a life time and on day one you belittle it, trash it, tear it down, and then lie your way into getting fired. Why he keeps getting jobs is beyond me.
those stories about families coming for visits and seeing how awkward he was are damning. If it's one or two you cast it off as BS. When it's consistent with basically everyone that is talking, there's a real problem. That story about the kid and his father at the banquet, and Mac in the stairwell was as weird and creepy as they come.

I'll say one last thing, and I'm not just being a dck bc I hate the man (even tho I do). If a story ever came out about him propositioning a 15 year old or liking young boys, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The man is that creepy. It was awful having him at our school. Awful.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gross that the media that is allegedly supposed to effectively report on what is happening there, did and has continued to completely sweep these things under the rug.
That's why there's no reason to listen to them ever again. It's outrageous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They get spoon fed their stories by the SID, already typed for them. It's the easiest job on the planet, so they do what the SID says.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
those stories about families coming for visits and seeing how awkward he was are damning. If it's one or two you cast it off as BS. When it's consistent with basically everyone that is talking, there's a real problem. That story about the kid and his father at the banquet, and Mac in the stairwell was as weird and creepy as they come.

I'll say one last thing, and I'm not just being a dck bc I hate the man (even tho I do). If a story ever came out about him propositioning a 15 year old or liking young boys, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The man is that creepy. It was awful having him at our school. Awful.
Honestly I wouldn’t be shocked either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the stairwell story:
It was more than just laziness in recruiting. Mac has some serious interpersonal issues. I have never talked to him, but I know many who have, and most all of them feel there is something "off" about him. I know a few high school coaches who believe the guy has Aspergers or is possibly autistic. One of the craziest stories was from a friend's son, who was being recruited by Mac. I promised my buddy I'd never give specific details about him or his son. He doesn't want to burn any bridges with UF, since he's a high school coach in the state. Here's how the meeting went down:

They went to Gainesville for an official visit last year. While eating in a banquet room with the rest of the recruits and their families, etc., Mac walked thru the room with what my buddy believed were GAs, and they didn't stop to speak with anyone their. However as they passed my buddy's table, Mac stopped and whispered something to the GA. Then Mac and his guys kept walking. About 5 minutes later, the GA that Mac whispered to came back into the banquet hall to my buddy's table. He said that Mac wanted to speak to his son one on one in the stairwell outside the banquet room. My buddy's son got up and walked out to meet Mac. The GA stayed at the table blabbing to my buddy about how rare it was for Mac to actually talk to a recruit like that. He actually said that Mac didn't like talking to recruits one on one. The GA made it out like my buddy and his son should feel honored and special because of it. When the kid went into the stairwell to meet Mac, he stuck out his hand to shake Mac's, but Mac just stood there straight as an arrow and looked into his chest, almost like he was looking through the kid. The kid said that Mac never looked him in the eye, and only said this: " _________, we are glad you are here, and we hope you have a good visit."
Then Mac walked up the stairs and left. The kid was stunned. When he went back to his table, my buddy was all smiles and stoked about it, until he asked his son how it went. My buddy's son said this: "Dad, I think he is retarded." After explaining how it went down, they got up and left, and never considered the Gators for another moment after.

I was stunned when I first heard the story, but it is 100% true.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
McElblame, How Do I Loathe Thee?
Let me recount those ways:
1) Under your cloud came a crumble rumbling blunderstorm and an avalanche of apathy.
2) You were & are a lethiferous dunce.
3) Your Kevorkianistic betrayal tried to pull the plug on UF football.
4) You goldprick wastrel, slugabed slacker, lotus eating toad.
5) Greatest gladness that you're gone.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Butters may hold the title as worst but I’ll all always hate DawgChump more.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
There was definitely a black cloud over the program under Butters but let us never forget the malaise started under Chump.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This gif alone should have told us what an asshat Butters was.

r2h5AX.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It's actually kind of amazing the recruiting under Butters wasn't worse. (After all, outside of a couple of transfers and a few freshman who contributed, some of whom committed to Butters, CDM went 10-3 with Butters' players.) It does demonstrate that if the brand is good, there certainly is a pretty high floor for UF and confirms the theory, often stated here, that UF should almost always have a top 5 class.

GatorRaed

Jan 3, 2019
Muschamp just doesn't have it as an HC. Hes not particularly bright and is incapable of growing and adapting, but it's not for lack of effort or dedication. He's not a lazy guy, not by a long shot. Mac, on the other hand, is as lazy and useless as they come, he's also suffering from some type of mental condition. Autism, asbergers (sp), or something. Definitely on the spectrum. He's a complete bafoon and total weirdo.
What's shocking to me is how any A.D. could come out of a several hour long job interview with this guy and think "Yep, this is the guy we need to throw millions at to lead our program."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I knew he was a douche, but, just WOW! If that hire wasn't a huge reflection on Foley, I don't know what could be. Good riddance to both.
Foley is still around and I believe still has considerable influence. He should be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator