Recruiting Under Butters, a "black cloud" was over the program

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I wish you guys would quit mincing your words and say what you really mean about JM. I have never seen a group more invested in looking backward than some here. Its like "if we cant wallow in the previous sht sometimes the new and improved just wont be as good.........let it go boys.............into every life a little rain must fall..........it makes the sunshiny days of low humidity that much more to appreciate.........Millens is our new love affair...........let that other beeoch find another sugar daddy to exploit..............

i know i know i know.........its a message board and this is what it is for..............(you realize you are just enabling those like :law: each time) and we know now that enabling is half the problem in America.............

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he considered other coaches. The morons Fooley hired and made his hiring committee recommended Mark Hudspeth, who got fired two years later at La Lafayette.

They were really impressed that he almost were beaten by LaTech. Must be a great coach to beat Chump I guess. Im surprised we didnt get Ga Southern's coach, using their logic. He was probably next in line.

Those same morons are still occupying the assistant director desks at UF.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fooley thought that was a homerrun hire. The first coach he didnt hire at minimum wage and paid that huge buyout.

He paid for the guy who thought he was being subtle with this. If only we could have gotten lucky and had Oregon State or Nebraska save us a ton of money.

7758018.JPG
It was one of those little league homeruns where the ball is hit about 3 feet and the fielder throws the ball past the first baseman into the right field corner.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp just doesn't have it as an HC. Hes not particularly bright and is incapable of growing and adapting, but it's not for lack of effort or dedication. He's not a lazy guy, not by a long shot. Mac, on the other hand, is as lazy and useless as they come, he's also suffering from some type of mental condition. Autism, asbergers (sp), or something. Definitely on the spectrum. He's a complete bafoon and total weirdo.

Yep Muscamp could recruit - they just didn't develop the offensive players.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most of the building knew he was the wrong guy by the second spring practice. When they were getting the list of things to let go of him over the dates on the documents started in late 2015. He was Foley's guy. The timing of Foley's retirement (Mid Nov) and the start of Stricklin's arrival put a damper on him getting broken off at the end of the 2016 season. But Stricklin was sour on Butters within the first two months.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I wish you guys would quit mincing your words and say what you really mean about JM. I have never seen a group more invested in looking backward than some here. Its like "if we cant wallow in the previous sht sometimes the new and improved just wont be as good.........let it go boys.............into every life a little rain must fall..........it makes the sunshiny days of low humidity that much more to appreciate.........Millens is our new love affair...........let that other beeoch find another sugar daddy to exploit..............

i know i know i know.........its a message board and this is what it is for..............(you realize you are just enabling those like :law: each time) and we know now that enabling is half the problem in America.............
:wag:

Nice job, we were all a little disappointed you hadn't shown up. You had a lot of love for Butters and it's obvious you're still holding on to it.

PE has the strongest right index finger in the world. It's been wagged extremely hard every day for decades now. He could lift a car with that finger alone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he considered other coaches. The morons Fooley hired and made his hiring committee recommended Mark Hudspeth, who got fired two years later at La Lafayette.
This is the first time I can ever recall hearing this.

Hudspeth would have been a superior hire, that's how bad Butters was.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Former Tennessee QB announces transfer plans to play for Jim McElwain at Central Michigan

"For the second time in less than a year, former Tennessee QB Quinten Dormady is on the move.Dormady announced on Twitter that he would transfer from Houston, where he was the third-string quarterback, to Central Michigan to play for former Florida coach — and newly hired at Central Michigan —Jim McElwain. Dormady left Tennessee after he lost the starting job to redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano."

Let me see if I've got this right. A former Tennessee quarterback who nobody has ever heard of and who lost the starting job to freshman Jarrett Guarantano and who transferred to Houston where he was the third string quarterback is now transferring to Central Michigan so he can play for Jim McElwain?

:lmao:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Former Tennessee QB announces transfer plans to play for Jim McElwain at Central Michigan

"For the second time in less than a year, former Tennessee QB Quinten Dormady is on the move.Dormady announced on Twitter that he would transfer from Houston, where he was the third-string quarterback, to Central Michigan to play for former Florida coach — and newly hired at Central Michigan —Jim McElwain. Dormady left Tennessee after he lost the starting job to redshirt freshman Jarrett Guarantano."

Let me see if I've got this right. A former Tennessee quarterback who nobody has ever heard of and who lost the starting job to freshman Jarrett Guarantano and who transferred to Houston where he was the third string quarterback is now transferring to Central Michigan so he can play for Jim McElwain?

:mac:

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Sounds like the next Del Rio to me.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Normally I would agree with you about looking backwards however as long as Fooley is around the program and on the payroll (still hard to believe) we should continue to beat the drum until it’s loud enough to get him out of Gainesville

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the first time I can ever recall hearing this.

Hudspeth would have been a superior hire, that's how bad Butters was.
It was out there. It isn't new, you've just forgotten. Drooley even floated the balloons.

Hudspeth was the committee's pick, though it isn't just AAD's on the committee.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Normally I would agree with you about looking backwards however as long as Fooley is around the program and on the payroll (still hard to believe) we should continue to beat the drum until it’s loud enough to get him out of Gainesville
This is typical Over the Top Pumperish doctrine. You can't say anything bad about a coach, recruiting class or whatever, bc it could still change until the dude is fired then it's water under the bridge so you can't say anything bad.

Honestly, I don't know why these people are on boards discussing sports or anthing else.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Most of the building knew he was the wrong guy by the second spring practice. When they were getting the list of things to let go of him over the dates on the documents started in late 2015. He was Foley's guy. The timing of Foley's retirement (Mid Nov) and the start of Strickland's arrival put a damper on him getting broken off at the end of the 2016 season. But Strickland was sour on Butters within the first two months.
The fact that you call him "Strickland" even further diminishes the zero credibility I would have otherwise given your account of the "facts"

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that you call him "Strickland" even further diminishes the zero credibility I would have otherwise given your account of the "facts"

Take it what you will. As a Butters apologist, I wouldn't expect you to. You might want to look at what has also been reported because it backs up some of what I said.

PS thanks for catching the autocorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.