Recruiting Under Butters, a "black cloud" was over the program

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Take it what you will. As a Butters apologist, I wouldn't expect you to. You might want to look at what has also been reported because it backs up some of what I said.

PS thanks for catching the autocorrect.
I am not a Butters apologist at all. He was terrible. But I admit I liked him when he started 6-0... but then Grier happened. I bet a lot of people on this board were Butters fans at the time (and here come everyone's denials because nobody will want to admit it). I always DESPISED Muschamp.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What really pi$$es me off about Mac, is how she described the program as dirty. Not like, corrupt or bad attitude, literally cluttered like there’s crap laying around and it needs a good scrubbing.

Recruiting is like dating. And guys, we all know when a Girl might visit your place, you scrub the heck out of it. Not Mac & Co: they were too lazy to even pick up after themselves.

No wonder Mac couldn’t recruit the 5*’s (date the dime pieces) when he couldn’t wipe the skid marks off the toilet.

I can quasi-tolerate incompetence if you work hard (Muschamp), but laziness is the easiest thing to correct. If you fail because you are lazy, I have no respect for you.

Probably left dirty dishes lying around, knives with peanut butter and jelly still on them left in the sink, attracting ants and stuff like that. I bet Sharkfcvker probably even used the same knife for the jelly after spreading the peanut butter, leaving traces of PB in the Welch’s grape jelly. Dirty, disgusting bastard!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am not a Butters apologist at all. He was terrible. But I admit I liked him when he started 6-0... but then Grier happened. I bet a lot of people on this board were Butters fans at the time (and here comie everyone's denials because nobody will want to admit it). I always DESPISED Muschamp.
Both were terrible hires and i absolutely hated it from the beginning. I hated the muschamp hire as much as anyway but for the life of me i can't see how you or anyone could hate him more than ****ing butters. Other than he was a dwag there is no reason he should garner more hatred than butters. Muschamp hurt our program bad because he's not a good HC but butters just drove us right through mediocrity and into the trash by being an incompetent whiny ass wipe.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I liked Butters UNTIL the truth came out...his players may even have a case for misrepresenting himself as a coach.

His S&C greatly set their development back and may be responsible for Injuries.

As for the Program, he and Chump set us back a decade but MacShark set it back fundamentally.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How sickening is it to be around McElBlame? Once I saw his shadow throwing up.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I am not a Butters apologist at all. He was terrible. But I admit I liked him when he started 6-0... but then Grier happened. I bet a lot of people on this board were Butters fans at the time (and here come everyone's denials because nobody will want to admit it). I always DESPISED Muschamp.
I was always troubled by his public/media comments, but just figured he wasn’t good at that part of the job. After the Ole Miss game, I was certain of that, as the product looked like it was getting much better. As the season progressed, I started having serious doubts. And the next. Not being as smart as many of you (and clearly a slow learner), it took me until the game in Dallas against Michigan to realize he needed to go and the sooner the better. The funny thing is, is I was optimistic about both his hire and Muschamp’s. Being sooooo wrong made me pessimistic about CDM’s hire. From now on, with coaching hires, I’m doing a “Costanza:” Whatever my initial instinct is, do the opposite.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was always troubled by his public/media comments, but just figured he wasn’t good at that part of the job. After the Ole Miss game, I was certain of that, as the product looked like it was getting much better. As the season progressed, I started having serious doubts. And the next. Not being as smart as many of you (and clearly a slow learner), it took me until the game in Dallas against Michigan to realize he needed to go and the sooner the better. The funny thing is, is I was optimistic about both his hire and Muschamp’s. Being sooooo wrong made me pessimistic about CDM’s hire. From now on, with coaching hires, I’m doing a “Constanza:” Whatever my initial instinct is, do the opposite.

Just pay attention to Swonkey's thoughts on them. He's an intolerably irritating know-it-all, but he's often right.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just pay attention to Swonkey's thoughts on them. He's an intolerably irritating know-it-all, but he's often right.
I was wrong about both Chimp and Mullinz but I like to think I correct my opinion once the evidence is there. I was totally done with Chimp a few games into 2012, and I'm pretty happy with Mullinz.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Welcome back, I told you the the recruiting would trend up , when you were screaming the sky was falling

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is typical Over the Top Pumperish doctrine. You can't say anything bad about a coach, recruiting class or whatever, bc it could still change until the dude is fired then it's water under the bridge so you can't say anything bad.

Honestly, I don't know why these people are on boards discussing sports or anthing else.[/QU
This is typical Over the Top Pumperish doctrine. You can't say anything bad about a coach, recruiting class or whatever, bc it could still change until the dude is fired then it's water under the bridge so you can't say anything bad.

Honestly, I don't know why these people are on boards discussing sports or anthing else.

Honestly, I have no idea what you said here.

Are you talking to me or to the people I was responding to?
My comments seem to be aligned with yours but with you, one can never be sure.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I have no idea what you said here.

Are you talking to me or to the people I was responding to?
My comments seem to be aligned with yours but with you, one can never be sure.
Corch with his "water under the bridge" rambling.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This Thread delivers, with typical off season candor.......:catfight:

:zambo::zambo::zambo::zambo::zambo:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
those that dwell on the past are doomed to be miserable over it....... :Coach 2019:
If you don't like Butters threads, then simply skim past them and don't click on them. Problem solved. Believe it or not, you don't HAVE to lecture us.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think me :stickpoke: :law: is a lecture for you? You need some kofeefee this morning...........

I think StarBucks has banned Ox..

Best thing about being a regular is that you can learn where everyone fits in.... It's kind of like how they assign numbers to jokes in Prison, to save time, you just call out the number and everyone already knows the joke.

Punch line: Some people just can't tell a joke.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Deuce, you have the literal and those that get nuance. You have the anal and those with perspective. You have those that are defensive and those that are secure in their being. And then you have this sterile medium where so much is lost in translation. I give him the benefit of the doubt. IF he would ever meet me at the tailgate this is all cleared up quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.