Undisputed G.O.A.T. Thread

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We've had a couple of GOAT threads lately so I'm thinking...who are the undisputed GOATs? The ones with a big gap between #1 and the rest of the herd?

Pro Football QB--
Tom Brady

Pro Football WR--
Jerry Rice

Pro Basketball--
Michael Jordan

Overall Athlete, female--
Babe Didrickson-Zaharias

Heavyweight Boxer--
Muhammad Ali

Sprinter, male--
Usain Bolt

Baseball Player overall--
Babe Ruth

Tennis, male--
Roger Federer

Swimmer, male--
Michael Phelps

Can anybody argue against them? Any other undisputed GOATs? For overall male athlete, I'm torn between Jim Thorpe and Bo Jackson so not undisputed, right?

Alex.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've had a couple of GOAT threads lately so I'm thinking...who are the undisputed GOATs? The ones with a big gap between #1 and the rest of the herd?

Pro Football QB--
Tom Brady

Pro Football WR--
Jerry Rice

Pro Basketball--
Michael Jordan

Overall Athlete, female--
Babe Didrickson-Zaharias

Heavyweight Boxer--
Muhammad Ali

Sprinter, male--
Usain Bolt

Baseball Player overall--
Babe Ruth

Tennis, male--
Roger Federer

Swimmer, male--
Michael Phelps

Can anybody argue against them? Any other undisputed GOATs? For overall male athlete, I'm torn between Jim Thorpe and Bo Jackson so not undisputed, right?

Alex.

I don't think the gap between Tom Brady and a few others is that big of a gap. Is definitely the best ever I just don't think the gap is that large.

Jerry Rice is the best receiver ever and it's a huge gap. Maybe number two is Steve Largent? Or Randy Moss?

Muhammad Ali was great but I don't know if the gap is that large with him either. Is he that much better than Frazier? Foreman?

Yes to Bolt, Jordan, Federer, and Phelps. Best by a country mile.

Babe? What was he? 200lbs? I don't think he could play in today's game. I don't think you can have a best ever in baseball. Maybe by position?

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Nice list but it's just talk and opinions.

I think Montana and Brady are the best QB's I've every watched but the difference is that Brady is 6'4" and Montana is barely 6 foot. I'd take Brady..

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It's a young sport but Jon Jones is on another level than anyone in mma. The one fight his opponent looked remotely on the same level he didn't take him seriously and was on coke partying every night including 2 days before the fight.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Babe? What was he? 200lbs? I don't think he could play in today's game. I don't think you can have a best ever in baseball. Maybe by position?
Babe was a damned good pitcher if Im not wrong. And when he broke out with home runs he had more than some teams. His stats were like when Bob Beamon broke the BJ record by almost two feet. Funny fwiw. I cannot search Babe Ruth at work because of the word "babe"...............

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Babe was a damned good pitcher if Im not wrong. And when he broke out with home runs he had more than some teams. His stats were like when Bob Beamon broke the BJ record by almost two feet. Funny fwiw. I cannot search Babe Ruth at work because of the word "babe"...............

Put in "George Herman Ruth".

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the gap between Tom Brady and a few others is that big of a gap. Is definitely the best ever I just don't think the gap is that large.

Jerry Rice is the best receiver ever and it's a huge gap. Maybe number two is Steve Largent? Or Randy Moss?

Muhammad Ali was great but I don't know if the gap is that large with him either....

That's a LOT of talk about "man gaps"...

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Put in "George Herman Ruth".
I actually did to beat it but the links all still start with Babe..............we think alike and I knew it.
As for Ray Guy............he was the standard. Didnt he hit the roof of a dome once? Bobby Joe Green from UF was close behind.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Her:
7caebca2630267f60225cd6ec5bee974.jpg

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You could probably make an argument for Djokovic over Federer. He's got the head to head advantage and being younger may overtake Federer in majors.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What about golf... Nicklaus, Woods, Snead, Palmer, Hogan? I'd go with Woods, before his meltdown obviously.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
white-photos-1.jpg

Academic-Athlete: G.O.A.T. Byron "Whizzer" White

All-American halfback University of Colorado
Graduate of Yale Law School
NFL halfback for three years
US Navy WW II
Supreme Court Justice

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Put baseball into 2 categories:
Pitcher - Nolan Ryan or Randy Johnson
Hitter - Ted Williams

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
It's a young sport but Jon Jones is on another level than anyone in mma. The one fight his opponent looked remotely on the same level he didn't take him seriously and was on coke partying every night including 2 days before the fight.
GatorKen, is that you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.