AllysonFelix.png.webp

phelps_michael_1216sicover_300x400.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way Federer is the GOAT. His two main rivals have more grand slam titles and winning records over him.

Federer was the best player in one of the worst eras in tennis. And when the competition improved he stopped winning titles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No way Federer is the GOAT. His two main rivals have more grand slam titles and winning records over him.

Federer was the best player in one of the worst eras in tennis. And when the competition improved he stopped winning titles.

I became a Federer fan over time and think he was great, but this argument really can’t be disputed. The only counter I’d add is that by the time those other rivals were peaking, he was in the decline. So it’s not a perfect comparison. That said, gun to my head to choose RF or ND both in their prime, I’m taking Dkokovic.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I became a Federer fan over time and think he was great, but this argument really can’t be disputed. The only counter I’d add is that by the time those other rivals were peaking, he was in the decline. So it’s not a perfect comparison. That said, gun to my head to choose RF or ND both in their prime, I’m taking Dkokovic.
All day every day... except on clay.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
All day every day... except on clay.

One of the great things about him, imo. Most tennis players kind of settle and accept what they are. His determination to be great on clay as well, given its being out of his comfort zone and the fact that his career ran parallel to one of the all time clay greats, is maybe his most impressive achievement.

Also appreciate you not calling me out for butchering his name. There was wine.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
One of the great things about him, imo. Most tennis players kind of settle and accept what they are. His determination to be great on clay as well, given its being out of his comfort zone and the fact that his career ran parallel to one of the all time clay greats, is maybe his most impressive achievement.

Also appreciate you not calling me out for butchering his name. There was wine.
I actually didn't catch the typo! I highlighted in relation to my comment/agreeing with you. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb