Undisputed G.O.A.T. Thread

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Imagine being able to throw a football and there were mid-air guard rails to prevent a complete disaster and it was velcro so the ball couldn’t be dropped. Or imagine regardless of how terrible your free throw was it would still go in. Again, Brady/Slater/Russell couldn’t have done what they did two pitchers of Michelob. There’s nothing wrong with it and it can be a lot of fun. But let’s face it. It’s a game for fat older men who work at furniture outlets, and children. I hate that it’s clearly your biggest accomplishment and I’ve now rained on it. Just promise me you wash your hands in between your turn and going back eating wings. They don’t sanitize those things.
I let your first reply go (the "accident" rule)... this is your second (the "coincidence" rule)... one more comment and it's... no, fuk that, you f'n COMMUNIST!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I let your first reply go (the "accident" rule)... this is your second (the "coincidence" rule)... one more comment and it's... no, fuk that, you f'n COMMUNIST!

To be clear, I love bowling. I also think corn hole is fun, as are darts. They’re just not sports.

If it helps my overall standing with you, I’m writing a book on the downfall of America, and society in general, and have identified the emergence of Pickleball as the primary culprit.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
To be clear, I love bowling. I also think corn hole is fun, as are darts. They’re just not sports.

If it helps my overall standing with you, I’m writing a book on the downfall of America, and society in general, and have identified the emergence of Pickleball as the primary culprit.
20220919_173144.jpg

More food for thought: do you think the decline in the popularity of bowling in America combined with the rise of soccer and pickleball is a mere coincidence?!?!?!?!?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NBA GOAT (Most fun to watch) Tie. Jordon, Bird.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Imagine being able to throw a football and there were mid-air guard rails to prevent a complete disaster and it was velcro so the ball couldn’t be dropped. Or imagine regardless of how terrible your free throw was it would still go in. Again, Brady/Slater/Russell couldn’t have done what they did two pitchers of Michelob. There’s nothing wrong with it and it can be a lot of fun. But let’s face it. It’s a game for fat older men who work at furniture outlets, and children. I hate that it’s clearly your biggest accomplishment and I’ve now rained on it. Just promise me you wash your hands in between your turn and going back eating wings. They don’t sanitize those things.
Here's the thing....pretty much all the things you stated, applies to Golf too. And yet..still a sport

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We've had a couple of GOAT threads lately so I'm thinking...who are the undisputed GOATs? The ones with a big gap between #1 and the rest of the herd?

Pro Football QB--
Tom Brady

Pro Football WR--
Jerry Rice

Pro Basketball--
Michael Jordan

Overall Athlete, female--
Babe Didrickson-Zaharias

Heavyweight Boxer--
Muhammad Ali

Sprinter, male--
Usain Bolt

Baseball Player overall--
Babe Ruth

Tennis, male--
Roger Federer

Swimmer, male--
Michael Phelps

My issue with your "list" is that it doesn't include many female/other athletes that deserve praise for what they've done both on and off the court. Lists like this should represent the person taken as a whole, all accomplishments and causes, and should present the inclusivity fabric of our nation. Here is my list:

Pro Basketball: Lebron James

Men's Tennis: Arthur Ashe

Baseball: Jackie Robinson/Barry Bonds

Heavyweight Boxing: Muhammad Ali (Agree)

Men's Track: John Carlos/Tommie Smith

Women's Soccer: Meaghan Rapinoe

Men's water sports: Greg Lougayness

Women's swimming: Lia Thomas

Sprinter- Male: Oscar Pistorius

Football Quarterback: Colin Kaepernick (If he hadn't been blacklisted)

Football Runningback: Jim Brown

Women's basketball: Brittany Grinder

Women's Tennis: Billy Jean King/Serina Williams

GOAT Coach: Steve Kerr

Men's Pairs Figure Skating: Rudy Galindo and whoever he was skating with. Yes, he was *that* good.

Track and Field, overall: Caitlyn Jenner

NASCAR: Bubba Wallace

5eb13354bfe0402e8765a49dbc9c0525.jpg

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here's the thing....pretty much all the things you stated, applies to Golf too. And yet..still a sport

Where are these guard rails in golf? Once again, at the risk of breaking bad news to you, I think you’re a little confused. Those places with the windmills and clowns opening and closing their mouths, all with a slant leading to the hole aren’t actually golf. I’d skip those. In general, I’d avoid Kissimmee all together if I were you, but that’s a separate discussion. Anyway, you usually can’t play golf that well while heavily drinking, but if you’d like to cut it from the list as well I won’t object.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where are these guard rails in golf? Once again, at the risk of breaking bad news to you, I think you’re a little confused. Those places with the windmills and clowns opening and closing their mouths, all with a slant leading to the hole aren’t actually golf. Od skip those. In general, I’d avoid Kissimmee all together if I were you, but that’s a separate discussion. Anyway, you usually can’t play golf that well while heavily drinking, but if you’d like to cut it from the list as well I won’t object.
everything you posted, you picked out guard rails :lol:

You know exactly what I was talking about....keep your head in the sand

You are correct about Kissimmee, and further, Poinciana. I can't think of a place I'd rather NOT be :lol2:

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Yes. This is one that’s not close at all. I was a Curren fan as a kid and really felt he was the greatest. But met Slater in 93 on a fan’s tour after his first title, along Jeff Booth and Tom Carroll. After pictures, he paddled out with us and was surfing right along side us. Coolest thing I’d ever experienced.

And it’s not just his win at Pipe last year. It was the wave that got him into the finals just before the whistle blew. At 50, that’s beyond incredible.
Back in the early/mid 90s, we'd see him at Sebastian Inlet from time to time. It was a very cool feeling being out in the lineup with him and getting to watch him tear it up.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And it’s not just his win at Pipe last year. It was the wave that got him into the finals just before the whistle blew. At 50, that’s beyond incredible.
Was watching live online with a friend. We just looked at each other and simultaneously said “GOAT”.
The guy has ice salt water in his veins!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
6'9 and won two national titles at a school never heard of and then never heard from again .....
This is not correct. USF actually won an NIT title before Russell got there - back when the NIT was bigger than the NCAA Tourney - and made the final four the year after he left. (His title winning teams, btw, had two future NBA players on it; future Hall of Famer K.C. Jones and Mike Farmer who had a decent career in the late 50's early 60's.) While they haven't won a title since, they've made numerous "Sweet sixteens" in the years since; just not in the last few decades. And when UF needed a new basket ball coach, guess where they went?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This is not correct. USF actually won an NIT title before Russell got there - back when the NIT was bigger than the NCAA Tourney - and made the final four the year after he left. (His title winning teams, btw, had two future NBA players on it; future Hall of Famer K.C. Jones and Mike Farmer who had a decent career in the late 50's early 60's.) While they haven't won a title since, they've made numerous "Sweet sixteens" in the years since; just not in the last few decades. And when UF needed a new basket ball coach, guess where they went?

Damn, GBM cranked up the way-back machine for this one

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Damn, GBM cranked up the way-back machine for this one
I freely admit to having had to look that schitt up. I knew I remembered a good team they had in the 70's that reached #1 at one point- featuring future NBA Center Bill Cartwright - and made the cover of SI, so I knew my buddy Coach was not giving them their fair due. I was surprised to learn all that stuff I posted.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a post someone who isn't very good at it would make :whistle:
If you are a bowling enthusiast, I would URGe you to watch the eye-opening PBS documentary on transgender professional bowlers. These brave gals have gone up against all odds in the closed sewing-circle that is the Ladies Pro Bowlers tour. Really inspiring, you can really feel the pain of their struggle. Bravo to the brave documentarian and the brave gals who were featured in it. Here's an article on one of the Transbowlers. Christine Redcock. She/her is very brave, and she/her is making a career comeback in the Ladies' Pro Bowling circuit. Very brave indeed. Cute smile with those pearly whites too. After coming out, amateur bowler is making a comeback

CHRISTINE_CIVILIAN_THREE_OPENER.0.png

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you are a bowling enthusiast, I would URGe you to watch the eye-opening PBS documentary on transgender professional bowlers. These brave gals have gone up against all odds in the closed sewing-circle that is the Ladies Pro Bowlers tour. Really inspiring, you can really feel the pain of their struggle. Bravo to the brave documentarian and the brave gals who were featured in it. Here's an article on one of the Transbowlers. Christine Redcock. She/her is very brave, and she/her is making a career comeback in the Ladies' Pro Bowling circuit. Very brave indeed. Cute smile with those pearly whites too. After coming out, amateur bowler is making a comeback

CHRISTINE_CIVILIAN_THREE_OPENER.0.png
I am not. That was sofla's fixation :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.