Up to the Trask?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is a lot of "analysis" and optimism in this thread with some predictable pot-stirring by the board owner. I guess Ox is still trying to figure out how to make up for Law's declining post numbers. Welcome back by the way, Big Fella. It was a long 10 minutes without you.

And I, too, worry about Alex. There was a time when no one could touch him. He'd especially lay waste to leftist knuckleheads in the PF. He is a mere shell of his former self. I hope he snaps out of his recent funk soon.

Here's the bottom line on Trask. He rode the pine in high school which led to a pathetic offer list and hasn't been able to see the field much here, even though Franks' play has been inconsistent at best. Worse, and here's is the critical part, our OL has been awful run blocking so far this year. Add to that Mullen's offense only really works when there's a QB that can run the ball and worse, it has only worked really well when there have been generational players involved (see: Tebow, Tim and Harvin, Percy) or very good players like Dak running the show. And though he might be considered today's "QB guru", I have very little faith that Mullen can pluck a QB off the reclamation heap and polish him into a diamond the way SOS did with Shane. This offense just doesn't lend itself to that, especially with a QB that can't run and a crappy OL.

Summing it all up: we have a fairly immobile QB that we can charitably call "unproven" who hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup, well, anywhere, running an offense designed for running QBs playing behind a pretty bad OL whose terrible performance so far this year has strangled our running attack.

So there's a lot of evidence that says we might really struggle as we enter the meat of our schedule.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe sprinkling EJ in will help. Maybe the Trask we saw last Saturday is the real Trask: a hidden gem that will step up and shine now that the light is squarely on him. Maybe the OL will miraculously snap into shape and our running game takes flight. Lotsa maybes in there. But I think we might be in for a white knuckle ride to a 3-4 loss season.

:sadnanner:

Alex.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I agree w you completely.

That being said, some run zone bc they are conservative and thats what they run, some run zone bc they are expecting or are more concerned about a run/draw whatever, some run zone bc they cant matchup to play man, some play soft zone bc it is third and granthem and they just want to keep ot in front of them etc. Many reasons.

Funniest part, Bush agreed with me too, but hated my reasons and believed the only reason we will ever see zone is because teams can’t play man against our WR, who we through downfield to 5-6 times collectively per game. Lots of DC’s will play zone if they think the qb is a bad read and may sail a ball. A number of high turnover D’s play zone for that reason, all eyes toward the QB to jump. Along with the point I’ve made re being run heavy (which struggled vs zone against UTM), and your points, and randy Shannon’s strategy, I just expect us to see zone a LOT this season. So does Bush. In this thread both his “arguments” have been with people who fundamentally agree with him. He’s just does this while he argues:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m pretty sure you’d get alcohol poisoning if you took a sip of beer after every mention of his career back up status this weekend.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Bushmaster will claim he’s got a Super Bowl ring next. Keep rattling his chains, he’ll eventually be a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. :lol:

Want to see a pic? I would tell you when and where but some jakass on here would start stalking me and I will have to shoot them in the face. I have coached in the last 3 state title games and have gone 2 -1. One as DC and 2 as OL coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just ragging on you, Bush. Please don’t turn your wrath on me.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Want to see a pic? I would tell you when and where but some jakass on here would start stalking me and I will have to shoot them in the face. I have coached in the last 3 state title games and have gone 2 -1. One as DC and 2 as OL coach.
Yeah and then they’ll blame you for giving away any minor information about yourself instead of admitting they’re creeps who get their jollies off by stalking strangers from a message board. It ain’t worth it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@Bushmaster
Gren already has a file on you, dude.

And yes, I'm getting my jollies off right now, as usual.

Please don't hurt me. You seem like a very dangerous man.

Last edited:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Sorry, man. I was channeling my inner Ox, piling on to his shots at you early in this thread. I still enjoy watching you go all Godzilla on the leftist rubes still foolish enough to challenge you in the PF.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
20-28, 293 yds vs UT

Team is over 300 yds passing three games running.

SOS has got to be laughing his ass off over this. **** is like a time warp on offense right now.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Its great to be a Florida Gator! Thank you Mr. Trask. Fun to watch the ball being thrown about. Fun to see an offense move the chains. Really fun to watch the Vols get beat down!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Getting rid of the ball quick can never be overstated in terms of importance. Trask does it in abundance. Really like this kid.

Putting odds right now on Trask playing an NFL down before Franks.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Why did both Butters and Mullen think Franks was a better player than Trask? A game and a half into his career and Trask is in a different league than Franks. Thankfully he's playing now, but concerning he's s at this long.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why did both Butters and Mullen think Franks was a better player than Trask? A game and a half into his career and Trask is in a different league than Franks. Thankfully he's playing now, but concerning he's s at this long.
A question that will likely dog Mullen.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Why did both Butters and Mullen think Franks was a better player than Trask?

It was obvious with Butters. Trask was a complete introvert. In practice, Butters would actually have receivers run the wrong routes on purpose to see if Trask would correct them. He never did. It was a big deal. As for Mullen? I think it has to do with the fact that Franks is a team leader. Plus, that arm. Only other QB that can throw like Franks is Mahomes. I'm just talking about pure arm strength.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was obvious with Butters. Trask was a complete introvert. In practice, Butters would actually have receivers run the wrong routes on purpose to see if Trask would correct them. He never did. It was a big deal. As for Mullen? I think it has to do with the fact that Franks is a team leader. Plus, that arm. Only other QB that can throw like Franks is Mahomes. I'm just talking about pure arm strength.
Franks' arm strength is almost completely wasted over the fact that he can't read the field and he has a piss-poor release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.